wellhead gas

/ wellhead gas #11  
Sure,,need high pressure,low pressure regulators[generally],,and a drip to keep moisture out,drip or drips,need to be in low spots of ground,[gas line in,gas line out],where mosture settles,you might even need an auto dumping seperator at well to get water out,line needs to be gas line type,,generally yellow,,although have seen black,needs to be bured below freeze line,,,bottom line,,its natural gas,,and if you hook it up right,,its just like the stuff you buy,,,cause,,it is.. thingy

/ wellhead gas #12  
me thinks that well head gas is very much different that the gas the utility companies supply for comercial use.

Well head gas is wet gas, ie it has heavier hydrocarbons in it. After processing your buying methane. All the heavier stuff has been removed to be sold cause its got other uses and comes in a different state.

A separator just don't put out water dry gas. Need a dehydrator for that and they be a pile of work to look after properly.

Egon

/ wellhead gas
Hey slowrev, Are you in the Clark/Estill Co area? One of our best friends lives on Trapp-Goff Road.

Thanks for all the replies to my question. According to our producer about the only problem he notes is moisture causing freezing in the winter but a drip trap should make it work fine. Wellhead gas is apparently very common here. Wasn't sure about jets and the air mix though.

Moosetracks

/ wellhead gas #14  
Moosetracks,
I live off of Trapp Goffs corner rd too, small world huh. I sent you a PM with more info so we don't post it to the world. They might even be kin to the wife. Or we already know them.

Ben

/ wellhead gas #15  
There are a lot of natural gas wells around Sandy Creek, New York and people do have them piped into their homes for heating and cooking. The only adverse condition is that water get in them and they(well head) freezes in the winter.

/ wellhead gas #16  
I have a gas well that I use for all heating in two homes and for clothes dryer and water heaters. The gas has a distinctive oil odor and does not smell of rotten eggs at all. During summer when I do not use much gas the pressure at wellhead is 70 pounds max and only varies by about 5 pounds depending on atmospheric pressure. In winter, when very cold, I use more gas and pressure drops to 25 pounds minimum. I have a drip tank at wellhead that has never accumulated any water at all. A few days ago, when temperature dropped to 5 degrees, well did not freeze and it never has. I reduce pressure at wellhead to 17 pounds, then transport gas 1,000 feet where I reduce it further to a few ounces. The gas burns in my vent free heaters with a clean blue flame. I would like to compress it and transport it in tanks to another city.

/ wellhead gas #17  
i have two buddies that have gas wells on their property.......moisture is their enemy.....

it seems many people around here have a gas well that they maintain themselves.....

/ wellhead gas #18  
I have a gas well that I use for all heating in two homes and for clothes dryer and water heaters. The gas has a distinctive oil odor and does not smell of rotten eggs at all. During summer when I do not use much gas the pressure at wellhead is 70 pounds max and only varies by about 5 pounds depending on atmospheric pressure. In winter, when very cold, I use more gas and pressure drops to 25 pounds minimum. I have a drip tank at wellhead that has never accumulated any water at all. A few days ago, when temperature dropped to 5 degrees, well did not freeze and it never has. I reduce pressure at wellhead to 17 pounds, then transport gas 1,000 feet where I reduce it further to a few ounces. The gas burns in my vent free heaters with a clean blue flame. I would like to compress it and transport it in tanks to another city.

Boy are you lucky! An endless source of free gas? I am envious. Did it coe with the house or something? Was it there when you bought? Does some company put int he well and then leave it, abandon it? Did you drill it? How do you end up with a gas well? I was from Wisconsin and now live in Provence so I don't have a clue of how this works and I am rather facinated.

/ wellhead gas #19  
Boy are you lucky! An endless source of free gas? I am envious. Did it come with the house or something? Was it there when you bought? Does some company put in the well and then leave it, abandon it? Did you drill it? How do you end up with a gas well? I was from Wisconsin and now live in Provence so I don't have a clue of how this works and I am rather facinated.
We have a frend that has free gas.
Some of the older farms in this county have gas wells that were drilled years and years ago.
If I had free gas I'd buy a Nat. Gass powered Gen and have free gas and elect both.

/ wellhead gas #20  
man, this is an old thread........i wasn't paying attention...:eek: