Buying Advice Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #21  
I don't know about you guys.:)
I would not be without my back hoe. It has not been off the tractor in over 3 years. Use it quit often, not for just digging, but lots of odd ball things. Have a hydro Gannon ant it has not been used in over 4 years, other than the rippers on it, everything else can be done with the FEL.

Would love a cab, but it would be impractical for some of the places I go and things I do.

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #22  
I don't know about you guys.:)
I would not be without my back hoe. It has not been off the tractor in over 3 years. Use it quit often, not for just digging, but lots of odd ball things. Have a hydro Gannon ant it has not been used in over 4 years, other than the rippers on it, everything else can be done with the FEL.

Would love a cab, but it would be impractical for some of the places I go and things I do.

Different strokes I guess, we have Case back hoe out at one of our farms that we haven't used in years. It is easier to rent one every two or three years that we need one than to keep it running. Actually mostly get a min excavator.

My brother hangs onto it because it was our dad's. We used it quite a bit the first two or three years we had it until we finished with all of our houses.

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #23  
I think a man of this time in your life doesn't need a new cabbed tractor, you deserve it, go and get yourself that new B2650 ..

( it's easy to spend someone else's money isn't it )

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #24  
I'll be 71 in a couple of months, and the only way my back survives is a trip to the chiropractor every couple of weeks - deteriorating discs. I was looking for used tractors last year, trying to keep my total tractor plus implement cost below about $20K. I was having very little luck finding any close enough to actually go look at, and finally it dawned on me - I have exactly one time to do this, I want to do it right the first time because I will have to live with my pruchase a long time. I finally decided that it was important to me to have a new tractor with a warranty, HST, cab with heat and air, and financing, so I was then able to narrow my list down quickly by going and looking at new tractors.

My point is this: if you are going to spend many happy hours operating your tractor, mowing, landscaping, farming, forsetry, whatever - do your body and psyche a favor, and get the one you really want. You will be happier for it.

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #25  
Get the tractor you want. Have you ever seen a Brinks Truck in a funeral procession ? You cann,t take it with you, and if you got kids, and they inherit your cash, they,ll blow thru it way quiker than it took you to save it. Seen it happen, way to many times, first hand. You deserve it. Please post pics when you get it home. LOL

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #26  
Post pictures when it is arrives ;)

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me
I'll be 71 in a couple of months, and the only way my back survives is a trip to the chiropractor every couple of weeks - deteriorating discs. I was looking for used tractors last year, trying to keep my total tractor plus implement cost below about $20K. I was having very little luck finding any close enough to actually go look at, and finally it dawned on me - I have exactly one time to do this, I want to do it right the first time because I will have to live with my pruchase a long time. I finally decided that it was important to me to have a new tractor with a warranty, HST, cab with heat and air, and financing, so I was then able to narrow my list down quickly by going and looking at new tractors.

My point is this: if you are going to spend many happy hours operating your tractor, mowing, landscaping, farming, forsetry, whatever - do your body and psyche a favor, and get the one you really want. You will be happier for it.

We are the same age and I have 5 discs that are gone, just degenerated over the years from hard work, sports and subjecting the spine to 6 plus g forces for over 20 years as a fighter pilot. Of course with age and the wear and tear arthritis has grown up and down the spine to tingle the nerves even more. Still do lots of manual labor and put up with the pain. The one holdback on the cab tractor is that I have a Beldon spray rig that mounts on the three point hitch and I can select either the spray bar or a high pressure nozzle attached to a hose so I need a work around for that. I use an electric motor rather than the PTO to power it so that is not a problem, its just using it from the cab. I'll figure that out. Still waiting for a price from the dealer trading in the BX 25. Either way I go I want to get an attachment to break up the soil in my yard and allow better peculation for healthier grass. I'll post my decision when I make it. Thanks to all that have chimed in.

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me
Again thanks to all that offered comments, I have spent lots of time writing down my current and intended uses and then listing the pluses and minuses of doing those chores with my current BX 25 and the drooled over B2650. The biggest plus for the B2650 was the cab and being air conditioned and heated HOWEVER that is a minus for many of the chores I do as it would isolate me from someone I was working with that was trying to communicate. Additionally, I find I use the high pressure nozzle attached to its hose on my spray rig for spraying around the edges of the property and around shrubs, flower beds etc. With the enclosed cab I could not do this on the move. Then we had the FEL size on the two tractors, actually the smaller 48 inch loader on the BX is better suited for my tasks. Likewise if and when I need a back hoe the smaller bucket on the BX is better sized than the smallest optional bucket on the B2650. I don't really need the added ground clearance of the B2650, that said I plan to add a skid plate to the BX25 to protect the HST fan. There are other items on the list but as you can see after thinking the problem through the BX25 is really the better choice for what I do.... that air conditioned cab would be nice in this part of Texas. Oh well, I'll just get warm. No where in this did I mention price as a deciding factor although it was in the decision process. The dealer was very fair with the trade in and out the door price. So I'm keeping my BX 25, upgrading the seat too the one on the new BX25D and buying some more implements such as a turf plugger. I also will add a roll bar mounted work light etc. Sorry for the long post but I thought others may be thinking about an upgrade and wanted to share my thought process. Bottom line is the BX 25 is a great small tractor that can do a lot more than its size might indicate, but that air conditioned, radio equiped larger tractor would have been nice for the ego if nothing else.

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #29  
My Dad is gonna be 85 next month, very healthy - he and Mom come and go as they please. He's been making a weekly pilgrimage to the local Kubota dealer for the last few months. Has his eye on a new zero turn mower and one of the big "B's" (not sure which one), he and my uncle have had Kubota tractors for as long as I can remember. He's concerned about his age and not needing to upgrade.
I tell him "screw it Dad, enjoy what you've worked so hard for". I want to see him enjoy the fruits of his labor, I think he should have fun! All this talk about "need this, don't need that",,, screw that too! Get what you want and have fun.
This is my first post and I apologize for preaching this early in my TBN career, I'm just really passionate about stuff like this. Anyway, that's a son's point of view.
Oh, ditto on the pix when it lands in your driveway. . . David

P.S. Dad's son inherited his weakness for shinny new things (shinny new orange things), I've got my eye on one of the new L60 series -- I think the L4060 would be just the right amount of overkill. Remember, too much tractor is like too much gun,,, NO SUCH THING!

A brochure can be found here: http://www.toplinetrailers.com/documents/L60.pdf