We're now a 2 tractor (extended) family...

/ We're now a 2 tractor (extended) family...
Re: We\'re now a 2 tractor (extended) family...

The tractor has been sitting on the lot a while. The dealer said he would have to pay interest on it next month, so he knocked another $500 off - said he might as well give it to the customer instead of New Holland.

The best part is that this is the "local" (I use quotes because it is an hour from the farm - I guess that's close in TX, but in New England you can usually be in another state in an hour) dealer. Very reasonable pickup/delivery charges for service ($30 each way).

Extremely friendly folks there. Great advice on some of the options - Ie spend $250 on the grille guard now, or $400 for each headlight if you bust one. Skip the front weights - just drop the bucket when mowing for better visability, not the whole loader. I had them quote the forks, Dad asked "What am I going to lift with them?" Dealer says "What aren't you going to lift with them: /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. If nothing else, when he buys attachments, he'll be able to get them off the trailer real easy...

Not sure when all the goodies are coming. The grapple will probably take a while - don't even know if they have one in stock in Washington state, never mind the shipping time.

They sign the paperwork on Tuesday. I think they will take delivery the week after (I might have to take the afternoon off to enjoy the fun /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

<font color="blue">Given how much bigger his TC40 is than your TC18, I figure if you do him what he did you, you should be shopping for a TN75 about now </font>

Are you trying to get me divorced? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Besides, I've got no place to put it /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ We're now a 2 tractor (extended) family... #13  

Stephen; You deserve kudos for keeping them in the BLUE!
Nice machine, it'll be a lot of fun with the neat things it's going to get. Don't forget more photos when it's all decked out. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thought I'd ask before Ron does! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ We're now a 2 tractor (extended) family... #14  

Hazmat
Congrats to your Dad and Mom on their new tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Sure would be great if he lets you give it a wax job. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I must be getting slow in my retirement. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Someone already commented about your Dads grin, you up grading, and more pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ We're now a 2 tractor (extended) family... #15  

I am glad that Curt was able to take care of your needs and that you bought the tractor from us. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sorry I could not be there to meet you Saturday!

<font color="blue"> I am glad that Curt was able to take care of your needs and that you bought the tractor from us. </font>

Spencer - I can't say enough good things about Curt and his father in law (didn't catch his name). They were extremely friendly & helpful.

I'm sure I'll have a reason to stop by on my way up sometime.

/ We're now a 2 tractor (extended) family... #17  

Hazmat that is a fine looking tractor and a nice list of goodies. Once you and your folks take delivery I would really like to see more pictures posted here at the TBN site, especially of the grapple and the hydraulic attachment point. Your family is really going to like their new Boomer. You'll all be lining up for the work projects now!

/ We're now a 2 tractor (extended) family... #18  

Good deal and and congrats to your father. Sounds like he also got a nice package with it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ We're now a 2 tractor (extended) family... #19  

That's a great looking machine they got! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dad took delivery today. I couldn't make it up there, but Mom took some pics. I should be able to post a couple over the Holiday.

So far he has been moving firewood. Neighbors have been over to check it out.