Dealer Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise

/ Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise #1  

Shutesbury

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-24 - other goodies listed in my profile.
Stopped by Sirum Equipment in Montague MA today, and found out they had lost their Kubota franchise due to low sales, according to someone in the Parts department.

That will add 45 minutes to reach the next nearest three authorized dealers for us in the Western Mass area.

/ Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise #2  
That stinks for th Kubota owners.

The Middletown CT dealership Midstate may be getting rid of JD an just keeping Kubota. Although they've mentioned it a few times and it hasn't happened yet.

/ Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise #3  
My closest Kubota dealer is an hour away. But I like orange! :thumbsup:

/ Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise #4  
They lost their John Deere franchise too as of July after over 50 years of selling them. They are selling McCormick tractors and will get another line soon.

Try Bacon's in williamsburg had the best prices around on new stuff.

/ Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise #5  
MistyBlue said:
That stinks for th Kubota owners.

The Middletown CT dealership Midstate may be getting rid of JD an just keeping Kubota. Although they've mentioned it a few times and it hasn't happened yet.

You must be referring to Midstate Tractor. Seems they sell a lot of JD lawn and garden tractors but more Kubota CUTS than JD CUTS. They usually have about 12 - 15 Kubota's on their lot and only 4-5 JD's. I know the owner told me it really annoys JD that they also carry Kubota. Seems like that's almost illegal. LOL

/ Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise #6  
It appears my closest dealer has dissolved as well. This happened early on the month. The voi e mail now says to contact Norfolk Power Equipment instead of Moorse.

/ Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise #7  
Since they are not making more farms however small when will ever place have a CUT. Locally many are sold to the big farmers for them to use around the house to keep up the lawns and other light tasks.

In Mayfield KY that Kubota dealership has about 25 units and some are not small. I have never been in the dealership so I do not know how active it is but looks like a lot of inventory to me.

/ Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise #8  
In Mayfield KY that Kubota dealership has about 25 units and some are not small. I have never been in the dealership so I do not know how active it is but looks like a lot of inventory to me.

25 is peanuts. a mid-size dealer should have 75-100, a large dealer holds 200+.

/ Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise #9  
25 is peanuts. a mid-size dealer should have 75-100, a large dealer holds 200+.

Wow you are so lucky in the USA.
Or local dealer would be lucky to have 1. You have to buy from the catalog without a chance to test drive. I think only 1 dealer in the whole state (11/2 times the size of Texas) carries any stock.

/ Western Mass dealers loses Kubota franchise #10  
That's unfortunate...however thru working all over British Columbia in construction I have found many competitive "lite" freight companies that offer considerable value to move parts because they share the cost of transport and run the same routes daily.