Western Owner/Operators

/ Western Owner/Operators #11  
Yes, Auburn, Washington. I guess its a pretty common name.
To go down hill from where I live you would have to go underground. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Western Owner/Operators #12  
TD,

I live near the Green River right about where R St. SE turns into the Auburn Black Diamond Rd. I've got about 2/3 acre but I keep my little Yanmar busy landscaping the rest of my property and doing little side jobs here and there.

/ Western Owner/Operators #13  
Russ, I live in South Everett, by Silver Lake. I am still trying to decide between a Kubota L3410 and NH TC35D. What sold you on the NH after owning the Kubota? What dealer did you buy from and what are your impressions of the dealer?

Thanks,

/ Western Owner/Operators
Hello Dreamin_Tractors
As you know, we are both living where income results in attitude. If you have visited our closest blue, orange and green dealers, I'm sure you have experianced that certain uppity attitude. Therefore I began seeking dealers with a more rural neighborly attitude. Which meant go north to the Mt. Vernon / Burlington area,or south to the Centralia / Chehalis area. Luckily an advertisement from Brim Tractor the New Holland dealer in Burlington caught my eye,drawing me north first
I had intended to shop for orange as my first choice, with green as second. Upon my first visit to Brim I knew that I had found the very type of dealer I had been looking for. Plus their prices and financing packages beat orange and green by a good margin. They had no problem letting me spend twenty minutes behind their lot actually getting a new 7038 bucket attatched to a new TC29 dirty. When I expressed unhappiness with the capacities of the 7038 loader. They helped me set up a package with a Woods 1012 loader. As well as a Woods 7500 backhoe. Both of these should improve my total overall package. As well as bringing the price in, close to $1000 cheaper. The last thing that sold me was, one of their mechanics told me of someone in my area that had purchased the very same package that I was looking at. Thus giving me a chance to contact them and check it out as a package before hand. Talk to Brent Vander Pol, tell him I told you.
This is something I would advise for anyone before purchasing. Go in the back and talk to the mechanics. They are the ones with the day to day experiance with all of these tractors
Good luck on your purchase. Remember right now
New Holland has extremely good financing.

/ Western Owner/Operators #15  
Thanks, that's good to know. Brim Tractor has been the dealer that most impressed me so far, and I have been leaning towards the NH TC35D. Both the Kubota L3410 and NH are very comparable in performance, and both seem to be excellent tractors. Besides the NH being less money, I like the looks and design of the tractor. I plan on renting the NH for a week this summer to try it out before I purchase. Nice to see several folks from the Pacific Northwest. Thanks for your insights!

/ Western Owner/Operators #16  
If they have a Cub Cadet dealer in the area, I think it is worth your while to stop in and look.

I spent months checking out all the colors of tractor and settled on the CC 7360. I have never regretted that decision. It compares very favorably to the TC35 and L3410. Compared to the 3410, it is 7" longer, 2" wider, 6" more wheelbase, 400 pounds heavier, and 50% greater lift capacity on the 3pt. For durability and reliability, I think it is every bit as good as green, blue, etc.

Worth a look....... //bruce

/ Western Owner/Operators #17  
hosejockey2002,

I know the area very well. We used put in our kayaks right there, as well as do a little fishing. I am sure you have some nice soil living right up next to the river.

How do you like your Yanmar? I test drove several of them most notable a 20D or 20F (I'm not exactly sure). I was just about to buy it when I stumbled onto the JD.

Good to know you are nearby./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Western Owner/Operators #18  
Bruce how does the price of the Cub Cadet 7360 compare to the others? I will certainly check it out, I am not sure if there is a dealer in the area, but I will check out their website. I have looked at most of the other brands, and really liked both Long and Kioti, but have no dealers even reasonably close to me.

/ Western Owner/Operators
Dreamin Tractors:
Cub Cadet has a dealer right here in Monroe. Town and Country, they are a very small dealer, seldom carry much inventory. They are really nice people though. Keep us informed.

/ Western Owner/Operators #20  
Dreamin,

I see you are also a Washington guy. I live south but also work at the big B. Where is your retirement property located? Hopefully you'll get to retire soon - but unfortunately as I see from your Bio you are only 37 with two young kids. I 'm also 37 but have 3 kids - new 9 month old. I still have a good 18 more years here at the Big B.

Good luck purchasing your tractor next year - at least you have some good dealers up there especially Brim Tractor. They were good to deal with, I almost bought a 29 - Boomer from them.