Wet 7018.

/ Wet 7018. #31  
I really hate carpenters , especially trying to dig a hole and pour walls , They are the primo layout PEOPLE and always miss everything by a foot , too short .

Guess your rod didn't get wet?

/ Wet 7018. #32  
Yeah that was my point. I use to build bridges for a living, even concrete bridges have massive amounts of steel falsework. Something has to hold the concrete forms up right:D? I can't tell you how many times a carpenter type would leave the lid of the gang box open when it was raining and get the 7018 wet.
Like I said, I don't recommend doing this, but just because you don't have an oven don't worry too much!;)

That the new interchanges and flyover on 1-5 in Eugene?

Mr. HE:cool:

/ Wet 7018.
I have no idea, I just grabbed those pictures off the Internet. Back when I was doing it, was way before the Internet, and when you do it for a living, who takes time to take pictures.:D

/ Wet 7018. #34  
I have no idea, I just grabbed those pictures off the Internet. Back when I was doing it, was way before the Internet, and when you do it for a living, who takes time to take pictures.:D

No problem. I suppose they all kind of look the same anywhere anyway. I thought maybe the clouds were a give-away. lol

Mr. HE:cool:

/ Wet 7018.
I do have some pictures from when I was working, but I didn't take them. Engineers always seem to have more time for that kind of thing. :laughing:

Attachments

• 500-ton block.jpg
    500-ton block.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Box girder beams.jpg
    Box girder beams.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 279
  • I-90 bridge.jpg
    I-90 bridge.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Seattle ferry dock.jpg
    Seattle ferry dock.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Tacoma Narrows 2.jpg
    Tacoma Narrows 2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 87
   / Wet 7018. #36  
Did you get the $20 million out of the country OK?
I assume you are referring to the scammers. You don't have that problem when there, they know no one in country has any money.

/ Wet 7018. #37  
Oh this brings me back to my bridge building days! Except it was all prefab in a shop with MC-6 wire and Nelson Stud Welders. Nelson studs. Thousands and thousands of nelson studs, Then bending one out of every seventh grouping. I don't miss my bridge building days hahaha. And we all know there are millions of tons of iron out there that is being held together with 7018 that wasn't baked. If its on pipe I would never use old rod, however if I have some old 7018 and there are some pilecaps to be done I know they will hold.

/ Wet 7018.
I don't miss my bridge building days hahaha.
I liked building land marks.;) This one was fun, stacking 300-ton chunks of concrete five high 200-feet underwater.:cool:

Attachments

• Big Bob.jpg
    Big Bob.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 83
  • LVM anchor 2.jpg
    LVM anchor 2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 84
  • LVM anchor 3.jpg
    LVM anchor 3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 95
  • LVM tug.jpg
    LVM tug.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 87
  • LaceyMurrowBridgeReplment.jpg
    LaceyMurrowBridgeReplment.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 81
   / Wet 7018. #39  
Is it posssible to heat the rod that has been stored in its container for long periods with a torch to get the moisture out before using it and how will it run?

anybody got any input to this question

/ Wet 7018. #40  
anybody got any input to this question

I have no experience doing this, but my thoughts are this: I think you would run a risk of destroying the flux, plus a propane torch makes lots and lots of moisture. Co2 and H2O are the byproducts of Propane combustion. So I think it might be counterproductive.. Likewise putting them in a propane fueled oven or barbeque grill.

James K0UA