What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags
You do a nice job of keeping it clean. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #12  
It might even be a dealer thing. In all my looking around and visiting dealerships and asking about R4 vs. R1, it seems some local dealers sell almost all R4, some sell almost all R1, and some sell a pretty well balanced mix. This is places within a 20 or 25 mile radius. Granted, I live in the moraine region of Ohio with a lot of variation in terrain and soil types, but it just seems some dealers favor one type over another and tend to direct inquiring customers in that direction. That's what they order for stock, so that's what people buy when they just buy off the lot, too.

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #13  
It appears there is a price increase for

with Agriculture tires add $600.00
with Turf tires add $250.00

in place of R4

Is this what others have found?
Bob

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #14  
Full list on 01-01-05 was $956.00 for either AG's or turfs and 1260.00 for R4's . Of course these are figured in the price and discounted along with the tractor. In almost every compact tractor sale the R4's are the most expensive.

Almost! I finally have a trailer. Now I have to figure out how to attach the clamps that secure the spring arms on the weight distribution hitch. The way the tongue is constructed, this is presenting a slight challenge. I'm planning on going after the tractor tomorrow, so we will see. Unfortunately, it will not have the grill guard or step on it. According to the dealer, everything is on backorder. Looks like it will be middle of next month before they come in. Apparently, they "cook to order" when it comes to the TC30. At least the paint shouldn't be scratched. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Oh, he does have a second now with ags. Maybe I've started something in my little region.

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #16  
That's strange. When I was hunting for a tractor a few years ago, the salesman indicated that I could have the pick of tires (for a new tractor) at no price adder. Maybe salesman had it wrong.

Vic

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That's strange. When I was hunting for a tractor a few years ago, the salesman indicated that I could have the pick of tires (for a new tractor) at no price adder. )</font>

That's the way it was at the dealership where I bought mine...
Choice of tires for the same price.

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #18  
I just got a $200 +/- difference by having them switch from the R4 to R1 on the DX 29 I have coming. The ags are cheaper on Case items.

Maybe the fact that the R4s look all tough and macho and give an opportunity for more dealer profit explains why they're so commonly ordered for stock???

I think in most stores there is one guy who decides what to order for stock. It could just be what he likes or thinks will sell best, too.

I've had several dealers tell me that the R4s do cost a little more. I think it was something like $400 for around here. However, I decided on the R1 for the extra grip, not the cost. A few hundred on the tires shouldn't be the swaying factor for anyone looking at tractors anyway. Factor in the possible additional cost over the years you are likely to use it, and it turns out to be pocket change.

Anyway, I just got home with my new, blue, toy. Since I will be trailering often, I opted to pick up from dealer. Had him teach me all his tricks for securing, etc. etc.

I estimate the total package to be near 5,800 lbs. This is for 10K trailer, 5 ft NH tiller, 5 ft NH rotary cutter, and TC30, gear. My F150 pulled it fine, which was no surprise. I pull approximately 5,000 when I go off camping.

The trailer is a nice piece of equipment. I found it to be quite jittery empty, but it smoothed out nicely under load. The brakes work great. Out of a range from 1-10, I keep the Reese controller set at 2.5. This offered plenty of stopping power. Any higher and I noticed a considerable tug against the truck. No doubt, the trailer could stop everything, truck included, if set a little higher. I finally worked out the details on the weight distribution hitch and brake controller cables. Finished up at about 1 this morning! Now I need a few new 20 amp bus fuses and a nap. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pictures to come.