What about a section for threads that should be repeated again?

/ What about a section for threads that should be repeated again? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
In searching recently, I discovered a wealth of information that, once done and finished, is done and finished forever unless you stumble on it, despite its usefulness and relevance to why people come to this site. Few will ever see it again. In the magazine business, I've read that people forget things after a while and articles need to be redone to attract new blood..

Here's what I mean. I was at a guys farm and he was struggling to grease a fitting. Lots of guys skip frozen fittings till "next time".. Good grief. Here's a thread, with photos, of why not to do that.

From ovrszd, here's a thread on a front end axle leak and rebuild. Excellent knowledge and experience.

Is a section for old threads that are worth repeating a good idea or a bad idea? Is it worth a second look or kick it to the curb?

/ What about a section for threads that should be repeated again? #2  
If the thread isn't closed, I tend to add a post of additional helpful info. Then it gets placed at the top of the heap again.

In some of the sub forums, certain posted threads are pinned at the top due to the level of a necessity.

On another tractor forum, there is a Master Index thread with the first post linking to all of the helpful other posted threads. And this Master Index is pinned at the top of the section. It's very valuable and useful for all those with the certain tractor brand.

Yes, many things on this site is repeated time and again. Since the site had a refresh, the search tool works really good for results, yet it's lacking to sort the search all that well as the function works 1/2 the time.

/ What about a section for threads that should be repeated again? #3  
On another tractor forum, there is a Master Index thread with the first post linking to all of the helpful other posted threads. And this Master Index is pinned at the top of the section. It's very valuable and useful for all those with the certain tractor brand.
Hey Muhammad. We need this here!

For one example, look how many separate Quick Hitch threads are here. With the same information. An index pointing to the existing threads would better serve the new or prospective QH owner.

Last edited:
   / What about a section for threads that should be repeated again? #4  
Last truck forum I was a part of after you opened a thread..there was a section at the bottom of that page that contained..
about 6-8 "related threads" to the topic of the thread you opened...could be quite useful at times

/ What about a section for threads that should be repeated again? #5  
I think your proposal is a great idea, unfortunately many members,most newbie inquirers and forum bosses don't think it's a good idea so it can't happen. Members don't like it because it limits opportunity to comment. Newbies don't like it because it requires effort on thier part to take time studying details. My last comment is supported by how few use the search feature. With each passing day folks increasingly believe they can ask how to preform tasks they have no prior knowledge on and be told in 25 words or less what it takes years to learn. It often appears newbies are ungrateful when they never return to report what worked and what didn't. Truth is they were unable to assimilate information (which is understandable) and wound up buying a new one or taking it to a professional for repair. If people could or would read these great threads without signing up bosses don't like that. The buzz,clicks and traffic would slow down and bosses sure don't like that.
A well thought out and written sticky on how to use a multimeter could help newbies as well as many members with present and future troubleshooting. But would reduce buzz and clicks.

/ What about a section for threads that should be repeated again? #6  
I would like to read about” pallets in a field”. 😉

/ What about a section for threads that should be repeated again? #7  
   / What about a section for threads that should be repeated again? #8  
I spent many a evening reading about pallets in the field

/ What about a section for threads that should be repeated again? #9  
I spent many a evening reading about pallets in the field
WOW.
1697250882892.png

lots of reading. ;)
1697251056855.png