What are discounts like right now

/ What are discounts like right now #1  

BeezFun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I've been looking at used for either an MX or L in the 50-60 horsepower range. I see a few that are interesting but can't figure out what the comparable new price is. Kubota website shows a new MX or L with backhoe, cab and extra remotes for $50-90K. I'm in the far Chicago metro area, any idea what discounts might be on something this size? I know used prices were crazy high a few years ago, but it seems like the ones I've been looking at are still pretty high.

/ What are discounts like right now #2  
I've been looking at used for either an MX or L in the 50-60 horsepower range. I see a few that are interesting but can't figure out what the comparable new price is. Kubota website shows a new MX or L with backhoe, cab and extra remotes for $50-90K. I'm in the far Chicago metro area, any idea what discounts might be on something this size? I know used prices were crazy high a few years ago, but it seems like the ones I've been looking at are still pretty high.
Not much.

Revised Kubota "Build It" site is just about useless.

/ What are discounts like right now #3  
I haven't looked in over 6 years, but it used to be around 10% under MSRP. I also got a $400 (?) Loader discount.
I think you would need to get a firm quote to see what a dealer will offer.
Low to medium hour used tractors in good condition should be worth the original purchase price... About.

/ What are discounts like right now
The other issue with buying used is it's pretty slim chances I'll get it configured just the way I want it, so I end up buying an accessory I don't want, or the wrong tires, or needing to put on rear remotes myself, etc. Given the modest discount for buying used I think I'm better off buying new so I only pay for exactly what I want.

There used to be a 20% discount if you were a member of some horse organization like barrel racing or something. I guess that's long gone.

/ What are discounts like right now #5  
Last year or 2 these was a 20% farm discount. Strictly on the honor system. We don't farm but one dealer encouraged me to say so.
I got lucky finding my tractor just like i wanted it, garage kept with 150 hrs on it.
Usually buying used can demand a few sacrifices for a discounted price. Cash is king. The old tractor brought a fair price rather quickly and the bonus = No payments

Last year or 2 these was a 20% farm discount. Strictly on the honor system. We don't farm but one dealer encouraged me to say so.
I got lucky finding my tractor just like i wanted it, garage kept with 150 hrs on it.
Usually buying used can demand a few sacrifices for a discounted price. Cash is king. The old tractor brought a fair price rather quickly and the bonus = No payments
I'll have to see if I can find that kind of discount. We do farm and that's supposed to get us out of paying sales tax, but the tax people have gotten notoriously stingy in how they interpret the statute regarding what constitutes farming.

/ What are discounts like right now #7  
The equine discount for members of the NCHA on the MX seems to be $2,500 at the moment. See this link for current offers: Equine Offer Landing Page

The equine discount for members of the NCHA on the MX seems to be $2,500 at the moment. See this link for current offers: Equine Offer Landing Page
Yes that's the horse discount I was thinking of, my wife's a member of that organization. It seemed like an unusual organization to associate with such a large discount, I would have expected it to be the Farm Bureau or one of the organizations directed more to general farming. I remember when they first came out with that discount I was thinking I should have bought a new tractor then. Too late smart, to soon old.

/ What are discounts like right now #9  
Best thing is to choose your radius and start calling all dealers in that radius. Mine is about 100 mile.

on edit, i see your in Chicago…probably a tough market.

/ What are discounts like right now #10  
I don’t think MX or L cabbed tractors are compatible with backhoes? Could be wrong.

But yes, not much outside of the NCA equine discount over $250-500 for discounts. Go talk to dealers and you may find something. Barlow’s used to be the gold standard if you wanted the cheapest quote, bought my MX through them and saved money even with a 500 mile each way drive and hotel stay vs every other quote I was getting. They didn’t have as great of price when I got my M4 and bought that one local.