What Are You Doing With Your PT Today?

/ What Are You Doing With Your PT Today? #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
What are you going to do with your Power Trac today?

/ What Are You Doing With Your PT Today? #2  
Finalizing negotiations via phone and e-mail for its purchase! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif I may soon morph from Wasabi - trackie wannabe to soontabe PT owner....then to operator!

I've found a 1999 PT 2445 with trailer package and implements for a bit less than a new 1430 package.

None of this would have even been possible without the TBN influence...and direct suggestions from Charlie, Bubenberg, Sedgewood and you, MossRoad along with encouragement and influence of McChalkley and countless TBN others. Heck, I wouldn't even know about PT but for TBN. Thanks guys!!

If all goes well, the Bearpen will soon have the PT in its fleet and swagger practice will be replaced by actual seat time and practice, soon thereafter to be followed by oscillating, articulating productivity.

Wish me luck! If I succeed, you guys can call me a PT braggart....turnabout is, after all, fair play. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ What Are You Doing With Your PT Today?
Well, I WAS thinking more in the lines of moving a bucket of dirt or mowing the lawn, but your answer will do just fine /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif!!!

/ What Are You Doing With Your PT Today? #4  
Probably just go check and make sure it's still there.

/ What Are You Doing With Your PT Today? #5  
Wasabi\'s 2445

Sounds great.. I hope all negotiations go well and you can start to report great accomplishments on your mountain retreat. It will be the first 2445 on the board, I think.

/ What Are You Doing With Your PT Today?
Tonight, I'm going to attach the 60" mower and do my lawn.

Then I'm going to attach the large bucket and unload a pickup truck load of mulch that I got for $4.00 at the local organic recycling facility during my lunch hour.

Then I'm going to attach the forks and move 5 flower boxes to the back yard to empty out last year's crud.

Then I'll attach the big bucket again to fill them.

When filled, I'll re-attach the forks to carry them back to the house.

After that, I'll put it all away.

Should take about... an hour and a half! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ What Are You Doing With Your PT Today? #7  
Doug,

You'd better start working on that new signature now if you want it to look right! You wouldn't want to irritate your new PT family right off the bat with a hokey looking 2445! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ What Are You Doing With Your PT Today? #8  
Golfer, if you start referring to my soontabe 2445 as hokey-looking, I'll just hafta turn my bear loose on ya!!

/ What Are You Doing With Your PT Today? #9  
MossRoad:
Actually, since Sunday, I've been giving my PT a well-earned rest. Early afternoon, my wife made a not-quite-disparaging comment about how she had expected wondrous things from the Power Trac, but her six cu yd of mulch was still where the truck had dumped it. 20 minutes later, I had delivered a cu yd to each of two beds, scattered the mulch a bit, and left the final spreading to her. She looked vaguely pained when I told her I'd meet her at the azaleas. 2 cu yd. later, she hollered uncle. 4 cu yd in about 1/2 hour. Then, I switched to the mower and spent another half hour at and beyond traction limits on a poison ivy covered hill that hadn't been completely cleared in more than 25 years. It still isn't but at least you can see most of the stumps, deadfalls, rocks, trash and old Christmas trees.
The only problem, of course, is the growing list of things my wife now realizes the machine can do./w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ What Are You Doing With Your PT Today? #10  
Dreaming of owning one!

KCook