What attachment is best to use need some help please

/ What attachment is best to use need some help please #1  

muzbomb

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 Kioti 2610HST
Hey guys so I am trying to figure out what the best attachment is to use for my yard. Some kind of big rack?? I am just finishing building a house on my new 3ac lot that was all treed area which I cleared out a pocket for the build and front/back yard. They took the trees down and grind up the stumps, so now I have a lot of wood chips/roots/little twigs that I would like to clean up. I want to clean it all up and prepare the back yard for topsoil black dirt to seed grass. I would like be able to load all the junk dirt/wood chips up and haul it away. So what is best attachment to use on a 2014 Mahindra 3616 tractor? Any help would be great as I am very new to this tractor stuff.

/ What attachment is best to use need some help please #2  
A landscaping rake would do the job.

Landscape Rake | York Rake For Compact and Full Size Tractors

/ What attachment is best to use need some help please #3  
A Ratchet Rake attachment for your bucket is excellent at collecting yard debris into piles, for spreading top soil and for minor grading.

Available through the T-B-N store with convenient UPS delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00341.jpg
    DSC00341.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • DSC00342.jpg
    DSC00342.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
   / What attachment is best to use need some help please #4  
If you plan to haul in topsoil for the new lawn I would add it over the wood chips and twigs. I think that would be better, keeping the organic materials in the soil. It would be better if you can till the residue in, smooth it out and add the top soil. Nothing gained in the expense of hauling off the wood chips and twigs, better to leave it and let it decompose.

/ What attachment is best to use need some help please #5  
If you plan to haul in topsoil for the new lawn I would add it over the wood chips and twigs. I think that would be better, keeping the organic materials in the soil. It would be better if you can till the residue in, smooth it out and add the top soil. Nothing gained in the expense of hauling off the wood chips and twigs, better to leave it and let it decompose.

I agree, why haul out the debris? It's good for the soil, just might want to spread it out somewhat evenly so the nutrients aren't all concentrated in one spot as the organic matter decomposes.

/ What attachment is best to use need some help please #6  
as stated before a landscape rake will help to smooth and level get the big chunks out and let the rest rot

/ What attachment is best to use need some help please #7  
IMAG0101[2].jpg
cost effective, strong removes and installs easy. I made it, had a machine shop cut the hoots for the teeth.

/ What attachment is best to use need some help please
Can a landscaping rack also be used for racking tree leafs? I know this maybe a dumb question but was just thinking if I bought a landscaping rack to collect the large big debris and then if later down the road I can use it once I have grass to rack all the tree leafs in the fall off my grass or is the rack to aggressive and would it tare/rip the lawn? Sorry I really know thing about this stuff.

/ What attachment is best to use need some help please #9  
Can a landscaping rack also be used for racking tree leafs? I know this maybe a dumb question but was just thinking if I bought a landscaping rack to collect the large big debris and then if later down the road I can use it once I have grass to rack all the tree leafs in the fall off my grass or is the rack to aggressive and would it tare/rip the lawn? Sorry I really know thing about this stuff.

I think it can, but I don't have a landscape rake. We'll see what someone who has one says.

/ What attachment is best to use need some help please #10  
How large of an area do you need to clean up? I ask because often picking up the larger stuff and burning it is the fastest and easiest way to do it. If you don't have all the attachments available I would get what is needed to maintain the new lawn as my first priority.

Pine straw rakes are good for raking up pine straw, good for smoothing out the top soil and for covering the seed when you plant the lawn. For leaves if these are light enough to mulch in I would use mulch blades on the mower. If the leaves are too heavy a collection system on the mower may be needed.

I would not buy a landscape rake for lawn work as it would not be used after planting. I have two landscape rakes, one for my tractors is 7' and one for my mower 5', I don't use either one on my finished lawns. Save the money for things you will need. I find that a good mower with mulching blades gets used the most during the growing season. A collection system is used about twice a year and a fertilizer spin spreader is used about 4 times a year.