What attachment to move pallet of bricks?

/ What attachment to move pallet of bricks? #1  

redstatedog

I wish to relocate 6 full pallets of excess bricks.
I have a 3-point pallet fork attachment, however, my tractor does not have sufficient power to lift the pallet.

Short of removing, say half of the bricks from each of pallet, are there other suggested methods to move these pallets?
1. Is there a set of wheels perhaps that I could affix to the pallet forks or the pallets themsleves?
2. Is there a "sled" type attachment that might attach to the pallet whereby I could then drag it?
3. Etc.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

/ What attachment to move pallet of bricks? #2  
I think you NOW have justification to get a bigger tractor!!! :D

/ What attachment to move pallet of bricks? #4  
Get 6 more pallets. In my neck of the woods they can be had for free if you look around, otherwise they might cost $5 each.

Hire either a day laborer, or a couple of high school kids to move half the bricks on each pallet to one of the new ones.

For a total of $100 - $150 you will have the bricks redistributed onto pallets which you can handle with your tractor.

This is far less expensive than any other implement.

- - - -

Just out of curiosity, how does a guy end up with 6 pallets of excess bricks?

That is a boatload of bricks.

/ What attachment to move pallet of bricks? #5  
I had the same issue; with both pavers and concrete wall blocks.
I had to move them to separate pallets manually. it is still less work than moving them from place to place by hand. moving them actually goes pretty quick once you get in the rhythm.

/ What attachment to move pallet of bricks? #7  
If you can get a truck to them, and the truck can get into the area you wish to moev them to, then call your local block company. They can bring their delivery truck and have them moved within minutes.

/ What attachment to move pallet of bricks? #8  
Might want to look at the King Kutter Pallet Mover, Model# PM-15 that connects to your 3-point. It's rated for 2000 lb. That still may not be enough and require moving some of the bricks to another pallet.

Pallet Mover

/ What attachment to move pallet of bricks? #9  
A three point hitch forklift is what you need it sounds like to me. Used ones are around 1200 dollars around here. They are old forklift masts converted over to three point use. What size tractor do you have?

/ What attachment to move pallet of bricks? #10  
redstatedog said:
I wish to relocate 6 full pallets of excess bricks.
I have a 3-point pallet fork attachment, however, my tractor does not have sufficient power to lift the pallet.

Short of removing, say half of the bricks from each of pallet, are there other suggested methods to move these pallets?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
How close are you to lifting them do you think? What tractor and do you have a loader?
larry