What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #271  
As a follow up, I did try out the 12v Map Light.
Pic A is with the lamp off, pic B is with it on.

Now, the 12v outlet on the Gator dash is not switched, so if you leave it on when you shut your engine off, the light stays on (and could drain your battery after a while).
This is a cheap alternative (less then 10 bucks if you buy one). The one shown in the pictures was left here by the previous owners of our house.

View attachment 339248
View attachment 339249

You have an 855D with gauge module? Mine doesn't have that.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #272  
Got the Yamaha Rhino 660 when it first came out, traded in my Honda Foreman 400. Boy, I still love that thing all these years later - narrow enough to get through the woods, but wide enough for two guys & whatever in the dump back.

Now, they pulled it from the market for awhile & widened the wheelbase so it doesn't tip over in open country turns, but for me in the woods, it's just fine.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #273  
   / What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #274  
I drove a new '13 855D with power steering last week at my JD dealer. I was surprised that it had the gauge cluster. I really liked the power steering but not enough to trade mine off yet.

My windshield's lower portion folds up for ventilation. Definately worth having. I found out that if you leave it down during hot, dry weather you'll get covered with dust because the wind can't blow it out. Flip up the vent and you'll get good airflow.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #275  
I drove a new '13 855D with power steering last week at my JD dealer. I was surprised that it had the gauge cluster. I really liked the power steering but not enough to trade mine off yet.

My windshield's lower portion folds up for ventilation. Definitely worth having. I found out that if you leave it down during hot, dry weather you'll get covered with dust because the wind can't blow it out. Flip up the vent and you'll get good airflow.

The power steering package was an option that had already been installed on my 855D (which was on the dealer's lot). I'm glad, because I probably wouldn't have ordered it otherwise. My intent is to add other stuff (such as the windshield) later. I reckon the windshield and the work lights might be about all I'll really want.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #276  

My windshield's lower portion folds up for ventilation. Definitely worth having. I found out that if you leave it down during hot, dry weather you'll get covered with dust because the wind can't blow it out. Flip up the vent and you'll get good airflow.

The power steering package was an option that had already been installed on my 855D (which was on the dealer's lot). I'm glad, because I probably wouldn't have ordered it otherwise. My intent is to add other stuff (such as the windshield) later. I reckon the windshield and the work lights might be about all I'll really want.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #277  
roy, think you'll like the work lights... i elected to put both shining forward, may get another set for the back...
IMAG0529.jpg

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #278  
roy, think you'll like the work lights... i elected to put both shining forward, may get another set for the back...
View attachment 339431

Thanks for the picture!
After backing up at night (dark!!), about a week ago...and having to use an iPhone flashlight app to see where we were backing...I think I'll need at least one on the back.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #279  
View attachment 339431

Thanks for the picture!
After backing up at night (dark!!), about a week ago...and having to use an iPhone flashlight app to see where we were backing...I think I'll need at least one on the back.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #280  
my gator has back up lights when put in reverse, thought they all did...