Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing What brand of snowblower to buy

/ What brand of snowblower to buy #1  

EdwardB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4410
OK Its time for a snowblower. I don't have anywhere else to push the snow... I was wondering what model you would recommend? I have a JD 4410. I am leaning towards a rear model because of cost, but a front sure would be easier on the neck! I'd also like any recommendations on features to look for. Thanks!

/ What brand of snowblower to buy #2  
I have the rear-pull type, love it, no more lookin back for me.:)

/ What brand of snowblower to buy
Rear pull type? That's a new one to me. What brand?

/ What brand of snowblower to buy #4  
Argo-Trend, 72 inch wide (6 feet) hydraulic rotate and shoot deflect.

/ What brand of snowblower to buy #5  
Honestly, a rear blower would be your best bet. A front mount is a pain to hook up if you don't have a mid mount pto and also want to use your loader if you have one. A pull type is nice but you can not get as close to buildings but it does save your neck from turning around I'll grant that. Also I am in the NW lower by Shanty Creek so I move quite a bit of the white stuff and have for years. PM me if you would like.

/ What brand of snowblower to buy #6  
You should check out the Pronovost line. I researched the different brands a few years back and there are several that seemed good. I ultimately went with Pronovost which is made up in Canada. I am extremely pleased with the unit. Good luck. 627980808_2243863418_610939112_1301312354269.jpg

/ What brand of snowblower to buy #7  
I have a front mount Meteor, but I also have the mid PTO. IF you were to get a pull type, how are you going to get through your banks of snow in order to blow them? Just saying.
Front mount $6,000.oo / rear mount $2,000.oo is your comfort worth $4,000.oo? Mine is.

/ What brand of snowblower to buy #8  
Another vote for a Pronovost here. Picked mine up used, have had zero problems. Folks at Pronovost are good to deal with as well, fixed me right up with an owner's manual.

/ What brand of snowblower to buy #9  
I have a front mount Meteor, but I also have the mid PTO. IF you were to get a pull type, how are you going to get through your banks of snow in order to blow them? Just saying.
Front mount $6,000.oo / rear mount $2,000.oo is your comfort worth $4,000.oo? Mine is.

With my L4200, I can drive through a foot of snow, no problems at all.
Heated cab, radio on and just drive, no turning the neck like before with a push type.
If the drifts or snow gets ahead of me during the night, and there's more than i can drive through,
I drop down the front (full frame attached) plow and angle it to the side.
I then turn around the opposite direction, two wheels on cleared part, other two in snow I just
plowed, and continue blowing. With a blower (any type) you create snow fences that dramatically
reduce drifts, we have allot here, heavy winds etc.
I'm thinking on adding a front loader also to mine, with quick attach bucket.
Either that or go for a smaller B series tractor, I have a deal on one, 25 horse HST,
but not sure if it could handle my 72 inch rear pull blower ( just paid 2800$ for it,used).
Also not sure if it could handle a front 7 foot plow, so I'm thinking....:)

/ What brand of snowblower to buy #10