What buy 2wd vs 4wd

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #31  
I agree Chris. Resale is a line the JD crowd uses to not feel so bad about over paying for green and yellow paint.

I am another who does not have the new every 2 year disease. New Paint fever has put alot of people in the poor house, so unless you put 10,000 hours on every 2 years, why bother worrying about resale.

You're a funny guy. At least I hope someone typing what you did is trying to be funny! The only tractor I ever felt bad about buying was a POS tractor I bought on price. I get a real kick out of guys trying their best to make themselves feel better about buying cheap and getting junk. ;)

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #32  
You're a funny guy. At least I hope someone typing what you did is trying to be funny! The only tractor I ever felt bad about buying was a POS tractor I bought on price. I get a real kick out of guys trying their best to make themselves feel better about buying cheap and getting junk. ;)

Yeah I forgot the smiley after the JD comment, but as for resale, that IS THE LAST thing I look for when buying something. Resale is meaningless to me as I will work it (well maintained) until it expires.

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #33  
...as I will work it (well maintained) until it expires.

:eek: Now you sound like my wife talking about me! :D The only difference is the "well maintained" part and you're missing the "then just get another" part. :eek:

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #34  
Yep.. If I get the itch for new paint.. I blow it on myself. Costs me about 200$ to put a good 'working' paint job on one of my larger tractors.. that and a few weekends of sweat equite with sand paper and degrease... after that I hang a new christmass tree air freshner from the steering wheel and close one aye and pretend she's new... and avoid the new loan payment.

soundguy

I agree Chris. Resale is a line the JD crowd uses to not feel so bad about over paying for green and yellow paint.

I am another who does not have the new every 2 year disease. New Paint fever has put alot of people in the poor house, so unless you put 10,000 hours on every 2 years, why bother worrying about resale.

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #35  

99 time in 100, "resale value" is the mantra of those who're more concerned about impressing those around them with how much money they have to throw away. In most of thoses cases, they're actually trying to impress themselves.

I'm always at a loss as to how people can pay more, then get it back upon resale, and see that as "smarter" then paying "less" and getting THAT back upon resale. That's not RESALE VALUE. If they were in fact, getting "more for their dollar", that's a decent reason. But when "less" buys equal in many instances, "less" becomes "more". (or at the very least, "smarter" use of capital)

Example; I have one tractor that stickered for just over $66,000, and 2 that stickered for around $52,000. All three netted virtually the same income over the last year. All operated with virtually equal "reliability". (2 cheaper tractors actually ran on LESS fuel per hr....while commanding same hourly rate!) Looking at trading them on 3 new units. (2000+ hrs per year) "Average resale" on all three is right at 90% of what I paid new with hours/condition considered. 2 "cheaper" models tied up less operating capital, made equal money, and will re-sell for roughly same "value" (as compared to purchase price. All three are what would be considered very modern, very comfortable tractors. Which makes more sense?

With regard to those "10,000 hours every 2 years" tractors, they generally don't hold a strong resale value anyway. Excessive hours scare away "big dollars" when resale time comes.

You pay dearly for IMAGE. If that's really, really important for a persons self esteem, then I guess it's worth all that extra money...................Personally, I don't have self esteem issues, AND, I prefer to KEEP my money rather than make a corporate giant wealthier.

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #36  
... I prefer to KEEP my money rather than make a corporate giant wealthier.

Hey, be sure to load up on your recommended Dark Horse products! ;)

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #37  
Hey, be sure to load up on your recommended Dark Horse products! ;)

A recent issue with your reading comprehension skills? Never once did I recommend "DARK HORSE"? I've surely asked a number of questions about them, commented on why I wouldn't automatically discount them simply because of point of origin, and took a look at their possibly being a good deal ---IF---- they matched the construction of the tiller they were patterened after (rather than basing my opinion strictly upon the premise of cost...More expensive is ALWAYS more impressive....), but in no way did I EVER "recommend" them. But you knew that didn't you. More of your usual antics........... Question for you.... Are you an ***** speech writer by day? ;)

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #38  
Never once did I recommend "DARK HORSE"?
Question for you.... Are you an ***** speech writer by day? ;)

Are you saying we may have a "dark horse candidate"???:rolleyes:

I see the sides of most everyone's coin. I respect most of you that have posted, but a few of you keep knocking JD just because you need to for your own reasons.

I perceive them as a giant corporation trying to supply a very high quality product to those who can, want or need to buy it. I know they aren't perfect. Show me a corporation who is.

The resale argument goes on and on but you can't ignore it. However, if you do get a lemon, will your dealer/brand back you up. History says JD will. I can't speak for the other brands.

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #39  
Are you saying we may have a "dark horse candidate"???:rolleyes:

I see the sides of most everyone's coin. I respect most of you that have posted, but a few of you keep knocking JD just because you need to for your own reasons.

I perceive them as a giant corporation trying to supply a very high quality product to those who can, want or need to buy it. I know they aren't perfect. Show me a corporation who is.

The resale argument goes on and on but you can't ignore it. However, if you do get a lemon, will your dealer/brand back you up. History says JD will. I can't speak for the other brands.

Not touching ANY reference to "dark" and ***** in the same sentence.......... :eek:

1st and foremost, I don't "need" to knock JD. For the record, I own THREE JD tractors. They happen to be models that I THOUGHT were worth the extra cost over competitors models. In the case of 2 of the 3, I was wrong. They AREN'T AS GOOD as competing models for a litany of reasons, yet were more expensive. That sort of kills any chance of them being "worth the cost".

I've had extremely good luck with several dealers who handle a variety of brands. Most successful for my personal needs has been a couple different Massey Ferguson dealers I trade with. I've had mixed success with a couple different Deere dealers. In the case of the last combine I owned, a Deere, it had "issues" from day one and Deere refused to step up to the plate and handle the problems. History says Deere WON'T from my perspective. Personal history says I'm justified in my opinion that Deere ISN'T all some claim them to be. They're a good company from a business standpoint. They're an fair to average company from a product point of view.

All things being equal, they're HIGHLY over-rated in most cases.

/ What buy 2wd vs 4wd #40  
Question for you.... Are you an ***** speech writer by day? ;)

I'm not really sure it's appropriate for your racial and political comments here when you are upset for being proven wrong on something. I've never seen anyone who is so proud of themselves that they go and get racial and political when they are wrong. I didn't think racial issues nor political issues were allowed here. Further, the best I can tell, several people seem to set you off when they prove you wrong. You ought to lighten up a bit and take a major dose of humility. Perhaps people would take you more seriously.