What color paint do I need?

/ What color paint do I need? #2  
I've read, in more than one place, that valspar is the OEM supplier to Deere. And after using it....it is identical to me 2010 2520 paint. They sell valspar at Tractor Supply. Be sure to buy the hardener to add to the paint,it really does add hardeness and resistance to fade.

/ What color paint do I need? #4  
Going to respray our old 86 Deere 420 lawn tractor... Not sure what color green it uses though. Can somewhere direct me on where to get the proper color, or something very close (whole thing is getting resprayed)

So far Ive found:
::: Van Sickle Paint Company ::: Deere

and

John Deere Enamel Tractor Paint

Deere'a early paint was a darker shade of green than the late model equipment, I would compare your existing paint to the new equipment and if similar then go with the late model paint. If the paint on your 420 is obviously darker then go with the early model paint.

I have an 820 with the early model green color and the newer equipment is all much lighter in color. I hope this helps you.

/ What color paint do I need? #5  
Going to respray our old 86 Deere 420 lawn tractor... Not sure what color green it uses though. Can somewhere direct me on where to get the proper color, or something very close (whole thing is getting resprayed)

Do you have a JD dealer near you?
You can't beat the JD paint.
Don't know about the Valspar made for JD.I've never tried it.

The paint you want for a 1986 is Ag/C&CE green or yellow,not the older stuff.
A dealer would tell you that anyway.
Last time I bought paint was this time last year.
The yellow spray was 8.49,and the green spray was 7.39.
A quart was 16.99 and the real eye opener was the hardener at almost 40.00 for a pint!! I don't remember what the reducer cost was.

IMO,the JD paint may cost a few dollars more,but you won't be disappointed in the outcome.:)

Greg

/ What color paint do I need? #6  
IMO,the JD paint may cost a few dollars more,but you won't be disappointed in the outcome.:)

Greg

That so very true. The JD stuf is excellent. The stuff from TSC fades fast in the sun from my experience-it may be the same OEM, but it's NOT the same quality.

/ What color paint do I need?
Well the mower was a dark green. I ended up respraying it with cans the new lighter green for the time being.

So i know I need the darker green. Guess Ill talk to the dealer about it when I drop the 420 off this week to get it useable again.