What constitutes "Vintage"

/ What constitutes "Vintage" #11  
Google say this for items in general ''Most antique dealers consider an item to be vintage if it is at least 40 years old''
Google say this for tractor ''What classifies as vintage tractor? A vintage agricultural tractor is defined as 'a tractor that is over 30 years old'.''

/ What constitutes "Vintage" #13  
I'm seeing the 2040 was used on tractors from the 1960's to the mid 80's, perhaps even longer. It may make a difference.

I would consider "Vintage" also to include your intended purpose. If you bought it as a show tractor for the annual old tractor show, and perhaps some parades, then it is "Vintage".

On the other hand, if you're scooping manure, and brush hogging the back 40, perhaps some tilling too. Then it is just a tractor.

There may be a point where you choose an orphaned brand, that would be considered "vintage", even if you're still using it.

/ What constitutes "Vintage" #14  
I have my Dad’s MF 135 he bought new in 1975, when I was 15. I call it Stinky due to the diesel exhaust exiting underneath the rear axle.

I just consider it ’Old’ as Vintage would date me. 😆

/ What constitutes "Vintage" #15  
I have my Dad’s MF 135 he bought new in 1975, when I was 15. I call it Stinky due to the diesel exhaust exiting underneath the rear axle.

I just consider it ’Old’ as Vintage would date me. 😆

I hate diesel exhaust blowing in my face, but I'm not sure I'd want the tractor to exhaust under the axle in the summer. It gets awfully dry around here.

/ What constitutes "Vintage" #16  
I have two vintage 1950’s gas Fords and prefer the under axle by far…

Never cared for any in your face exhaust and early on noticed a day spent in the fields with a quality respirator well worth it for me… exhaust and dust…

/ What constitutes "Vintage" #17  
in 1975, when I was 15
I think this dated you,- and I am a year older

/ What constitutes "Vintage" #18  
I hate diesel exhaust blowing in my face, but I'm not sure I'd want the tractor to exhaust under the axle in the summer. It gets awfully dry around here.
The exhaust wafting up to me when sitting still or worse letting the engine run while hooking up an implement is what annoys me. I Stink the rest of the day.

/ What constitutes "Vintage" #19  
Have a Vert. exhaust diesel 2cyl.. And a Under the tractor Gas 63 ford 4cyl.. I'm always moving on the Yanmar. The smoke is not a problem on it now. And the Ford has super clean exhaust. I have sinus problems so if I wasn't always moving in the wind no doubt I would have problems. No loader it's on the F-2000. The old Diesel when I first bought it had "Burnt Oil Carbon Bombs!!" big time. Had to turn the exhuast flap around to keep from getting hit with them. Found out Quick not to just wipe them off they smear!! After cleaning out the Muffler a couple times and exhaust ports and it finally quit.