What diameter mig wire to use ?

/ What diameter mig wire to use ? #11  
Tips yes but why change the liner? I don't recall liners being of different sizes. I vaguely recall that you change the liner for Aluminum (I've never welded that) but cannot see changing a liner that is in good condition.

Polarity on the other hand would need to be changed going from fluxcore to solid.

I rememebr replacing my liner, I rememebr seeing different size liners.

CLICK HERE look at bottom of page, clearly two different size liners. Thats
why I suggested "Do you homework" cause listining to us, from the peanut gallery, can get ya in trouble! :D

Those liners are larger than the OP's wire too so there are prob more sized liners for his flavor of machine.

/ What diameter mig wire to use ? #12  
I rememebr replacing my liner, I rememebr seeing different size liners.

CLICK HERE look at bottom of page, clearly two different size liners. Thats
why I suggested "Do you homework" cause listining to us, from the peanut gallery, can get ya in trouble! :D

Those liners are larger than the OP's wire too so there are prob more sized liners for his flavor of machine.

I see what you are referring to. However it seems the liners just come in two sizes and would need to be changed only if you were welding with 0.045" which is highly unlikely with a 110V MIG set up. I've used 0.025, 0.030 and 0.035 wire using the same liner (Miller Passport). But, as you say, the OP should do his homework.

/ What diameter mig wire to use ? #13  
from .023 to .035 more than doubles the cross sectional area (if my math is correct) so, you'd have to cut the speed in half at the high end to get the same deposition rates.

/ What diameter mig wire to use ? #14  
I had a Lincoln SP125 and all I ever used was .035 with 75/25 gas. I think it was rated for up to 12 gauge steel but it would easily penetrate to weld 3/16" and with a little patience 1/4". The welder even came with 3 .035 tips. I used .035 because I could get the wire anywhere.

Even now with my 255xt I still use .035. Of course they are 44# spools so they last lots longer. But if I'm not paying attention and run out on a weekend I can run down to Home Cheapo and pick up a 10# spool and be welding again.