Rear Blade What did I buy??

/ What did I buy?? #1  

JDRandyC

Just bought a 3930 and also bought a scraper thing that I thought was a box blade but it doesn't have sides on it. The attachment has ripper teeth and also a scraper blade. It has a third blade that I'm not sure what it is for. The attachment has a handle on top that you can pull and when you do the blades swivel like a guillotine. Not sure what I bought. Hopefully, I can use it for something.

/ What did I buy?? #2  
Sounds like a road grader/leveler.

/ What did I buy?? #3  
almost sounds like a gannon box setup.

can you post a picture of it?

soundguy

/ What did I buy?? #4  
I second Soundguy, because I just bought a used Gannon Roll Over Box Blade. Does it look like this??

Handle allows you to change from scarifiers, blade towards front, or blade towards rear. You will like it very much, way quicker than setting the depth of each tooth on regular box blade. I have used mine about 5 times within the last couple of weeks and it is very easy to use and gets the job done pretty quick due the little time to switch around and the weight of the unit.

Attachments

• RB7.jpg
    RB7.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 470
   / What did I buy??
Grut - I looks exactly like that picture except it is missing most of the paint. It is very heavy and I don't really know how to operate it. Not sure how you are supposed to switch from blades to scarfs. Just got it last weekend and haven't had a chance to play with it very much. So, it sounds like I got something I can use. Paid $500 for it with the tractor.

/ What did I buy?? #7  
Grut - I looks exactly like that picture except it is missing most of the paint. It is very heavy and I don't really know how to operate it. Not sure how you are supposed to switch from blades to scarfs. Just got it last weekend and haven't had a chance to play with it very much. So, it sounds like I got something I can use. Paid $500 for it with the tractor.

You did real good Randy. That unit can do a lot. I use my regular BB a lot.

/ What did I buy?? #8  
Grut - It is very heavy and I don't really know how to operate it. Not sure how you are supposed to switch from blades to scarfs.

Lift it maybe 10" offf the ground and pull the handle and the box will flip until it meets the ground, contintue the lift and the scarfs will point down and the handle will usually lock on its own, do not be hanging on to the handle. If you wish to use the push blade lift the srarfs just enough to relieve some pressure and pull the handle and back up slowly and again the handle should lock, as you are backing lower the lift. Simple, you will have no trouble with this. You will love this implement.

/ What did I buy?? #9  
It is very heavy and I don't really know how to operate it.

If I have something I don't know how to operate, I hook it up and find an empty corner in a field (where I can't hurt too much) and start playing with it

Most of these things are common sense and just a little practice

/ What did I buy?? #10  
JDRandyC listen to ninefinger and Bear Foot Farm. If you pull the lever while it is in the air it will rotate so the scarifiers go down due to the weight of them and lock into place. You have to pull the lever with the scarifiers slightly off the ground to unlatch it then go forward or backword with it touching the ground a little and it will roll over to forward blade or rear blade.
Have fun you got a good deal on that they are about 2k new now for a 72" or 84" from woods. Mines a 66" which is perfect for my tractor width of 62". They are very heavy duty and you really can't hurt them, they just need some paint once in while.