What did you do at work today?

/ What did you do at work today? #331  
My house guest flew to Omaha to her son's house today. Departure was at 7:46AM, they got on the plane, sat for a while and the crew came over the intercom and told them that the FAA's computers were down, and they would have to deplane.
Seems the FAA's NOTAM (Notices To Air Men) system went down, and the FAA grounded all flights until it was back up. She finally got out of KSBN around 10:00AM, got to KORD and her flight to KOMA (Omaha) had been cancelled. She finally got out of there at 2:45PM and into Omaha just before 6:00PM.
I told her since we left for the airport at 6:00AM, I could have driven her to Omaha in the same amount of time and delivered her right to her son's door.
Yeah, I heard that this morning. Stuff happens.

In our case, we flew Allegiant. It only goes to Vegas on Sundays and Thursdays. If our flight got cancelled, they most likely wouldn't have a plane or crew available to come and get us. The plane is based in Vegas, and the flight crew lives in Vegas. My guess is those folks would have to sit there until the plane was repaired, then fly back to Vegas eventually.

So if you asked them what they did at work today, they'd say, put in half a day at work, then sat around South Bend, IN until our plane was repaired. :ROFLMAO:

We had the exact same crew of flight attendants on the return trip Sunday, but different pilots.

/ What did you do at work today? #332  
Notices To Air Missions now…. Saying Airmen is offensive.

Apparently so is the word “field”. Farmers everywhere demanded it be banned, because it’s racist 😂

/ What did you do at work today? #335  
That’s hard to believe. Can you provide some additional context?

My comment about farmers, who spend more time in fields, was tongue in cheek. I spent half of my life in a field… and I’m not offended.

/ What did you do at work today? #336  
Mind numbing paperwork and webinars. With occasional web
browsing and forum posting on this site lol. Ill always be grateful of all the hands on knowledge I was taught and learned with previous blue collar jobs and skilled "old timers" willing to teach.

/ What did you do at work today? #337  
Mind numbing paperwork and webinars. With occasional web
browsing and forum posting on this site lol. Ill always be grateful of all the hands on knowledge I was taught and learned with previous blue collar jobs and skilled "old timers" willing to teach.
100%!

The ‘skilled old timers’ are much older now than they were when I was 20 or 30. But, I’m still learning from those older and more experienced than me. And there are still a lot of them.

Its my hope that I can pass on some of that ‘inherited knowledge’ to some younger folks and save them time, money, trouble or embarrassment.

/ What did you do at work today? #339  
Replied to 6 Emails. Checked the usual websites. Responded to two. Made breakfast for wife and fed the dog. Then walked dog. Changed batteries in the surveillance trail camera and loaded all the pics off the SD card. Paid two bills on line. Looked up a recipe that used tortilla chips and canned tuna fish. Watered the garden and started the water refill of our fountain. Took out several annoying tree limbs, with chain saw on a ladder. Removed 30 or so pavers off our patio project to let them dry and set up for mortar. Drove to the local store to buy Wine and Cigs. Shop vac-ed the gutters. Shut off and moved the hose from the fountain re-fill. Helped wife reconfigure her smart phone. Made lunch, based on tortilla chips and tuna. Tended the garden around the house. Re-Checked the usual websites and E-mail with a glass of wine. Watched a few Youtubes on creating a space for Mason Bees. Walked and fed dog again. Sprayed Vegetation Killer on our walkways. Did a little weed eater work. Made dinner. Mortared and set the thirty pavers, as it got dark. Walked and fed the dog again, away from the areas I'd sprayed.. Drank a bit more wine, checked the usual internet again, and posted this. :)

Last edited:
   / What did you do at work today? #340  
Today I learned what ecommerce api integration is and how to use it in business. It is a crucial aspect of ecommerce operations because businesses can streamline operations, reduce errors, and improve the customer experience.
I understand that I need to keep up with the time, and there is no surprise I need to learn something new and gain new skills, especially taking into account how much the digital world has changed over the last few years. But when I try to figure it all out, sometimes it seems that I know nothing about business :)
Today I didn’t work at my job, but worked at home. The cherries are ripe and I’ve been picking most of the afternoon.