What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,212  
I have had 2 years if peemyself mad with my tractor when I had to start it. After finding water in my filter after a fill up. I was having starting issues after that' I did everything to clear the system. My tractor always fired up on the first or second cylinder. Then after the water it would turn over 3 times and stop. I had to do this 4 or 8 times. I thought it was part of a safety thing so I can't crank it to death.

While it was in the dealer getting the recall on the bell housing changed out. They fount it was a bad key switch. There was an "Open" caused buy the amperage draw during starting. Bad switch from the factory.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,213  
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,214  
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,215  
Thanks, good to know. I do have all the plastic rod and the proper soldering iron to do the plastic welding. My problem is trying to determine what type of plastic I'm dealing with.
Agree, not very many have the welding equipment. What city are you near?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,217  
I don't know how well it will bind with HDPE, but another easy solution is dissolving packing peanuts (the styrofoam ones, not the starch ones you can eat) in acetone. You will need cups of peanuts for a tablespoon of acetone. It produces a gooey plastic by breaking the polystyrene bonds. This can be smeared over the plastic, and then as the acetone evaporates, it will harden.

I can remember my high school chemistry teacher talking about that he used 50 gallon plastic drums cut in half to provide water for his horses. They had heaters in the winter, and if the water got to low, it would melt a hole in the barrel. This was his preferred patching method. Cheap and really easy.

At the time, I played around with it at home and also found it makes a fun poor-mans napalm that will burn forever.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,218  
I don't know how well it will bind with HDPE, but another easy solution is dissolving packing peanuts (the styrofoam ones, not the starch ones you can eat) in acetone. You will need cups of peanuts for a tablespoon of acetone. It produces a gooey plastic by breaking the polystyrene bonds. This can be smeared over the plastic, and then as the acetone evaporates, it will harden.

I can remember my high school chemistry teacher talking about that he used 50 gallon plastic drums cut in half to provide water for his horses. They had heaters in the winter, and if the water got to low, it would melt a hole in the barrel. This was his preferred patching method. Cheap and really easy.

At the time, I played around with it at home and also found it makes a fun poor-mans napalm that will burn forever.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,219  
Friday, not today, I took the flail over to the church and did some mowing around the perimeter of what used to be a ball field and reclaimed several feet around the edges. Very impressed with how well this mows. After that, I went to one of our properties to clean up the edges, and found a big chunk of concrete and broke a hammer blade :rolleyes: I had used the bucket to push through and try to get everything out of the thick stuff, had even walked most of it to cut back some low hanging limbs so I could get closer. I suppose I just skimmed the top of this piece with the bucket enough to lift it as I went over it, and found it with the mower....so I have 5 spare blades on order. Funny it broke one, and there's a pretty serious gouge in the one next to it but that's all it did.

Attachments

• IMG_6963.JPG
    IMG_6963.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6964.JPG
    IMG_6964.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6966.JPG
    IMG_6966.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 57
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#2,220  
About three hours mowing a neighbor's several acre lawn. I don't know how many acres ... a lot more than I would mow if it was mine. But they're out of town and asked me to help, soooooo ....

Tried to take the FEL off for the first time. Their yard is kind of rough and I wanted to take that weight off the front axle. Got the legs down and the pins out. Messed with the joystick, but all it would do is push the top pin holes forward. Never could raise it up to get the bottom pins out of the cradles. Put the pins back in. I'll figure it out later.
Not sure what I was doing wrong last time, but it came off nice and easy today. First time it was ever off. Only difference is this time I did it on the paved driveway so everything was solid and level.

Looks funny though. Kinda' nekkid sorta'.

Mowed the same neighbor's lawn again too.