WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ?

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #21  
I have vowed to try new food as often as I can. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is great, sometimes I want to renounce my vow! :p

Yesterday, I tried roast eel from a can. It had eel, sugar, salt, some unpronouncable chemicals and MSG. The texture was similar to canned sardines, the bones were soft like moist grahm crackers. The taste was very sweet, almost too sweet. Just a hink of seafood flavor. It was more like a desert than a main course. I ate it on saltine crackers. It would have been good with a beer.

Next food: roast squid.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #22  
hudlow said:
I ate a can of sardines for lunch.

hud

What kind? Vegetable oil, tomato paste, mustard or hot? I haven't tried the mustard, yet.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #23  
The best sardines are the tiny ones. Hard to find.

Yesterday I worked. Then went home. Saw a stump in the wooded part of my yard. Got the ancient, consumer grade Homelite chainsaw out and cut the stump off. Noticed pull cord wouldn't retract all the way.

Fifteen minutes later I got the whole chainsaw spread out all over my workbench. I cleaned it up. Spent four times longer to get it all back together than it did to take it apart.

Took it outside and gave the cord a tug and it fired right up (always has, even though it is at least 15 years old and by all accounts a piece of junk). Ran for a a second. Then died. Wouldn't start for anything. Quite obviously I'd messed something up. About 15 minutes later I remembered what I'd done wrong.

I'd let it run out of gas. Filled it up, and it runs like champ.

I think I'll stick to fixing people rather than chainsaws.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #24  
I think I will fix a tall cold ice tea and ride into town and get a haircut... starting to look like bozo the clown!

mark

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #25  
MossRoad said:
What kind? Vegetable oil, tomato paste, mustard or hot? I haven't tried the mustard, yet.

They were packed in oil. I read that if a feller would eat one can of sardines, packed in oil, a week you could cut your risk of heart attack by about 50%.

No doubt this information came from the sardine packers....:rolleyes:

I've eaten mustard before and they were OK, but I think I like the plain old oily ones the best.

My favorite brand is King Oscar, it comes in a red wrapper. They have some that are called Mediterranean (sp?) that are packed with little pieces of olives, peppers and onion which are really good - they are the small sardines. But the store that sold them closed so I can't get them anymore. The other King Oscar types are good, too.

I'll eat about anything on a soda cracker, especially if I have a cold beer to wash it down with.

But I believe I'd have to see you eat some of that eel first before I'd give it a try.......:eek:

I'm headed to Lowe's to get some 2x4's to start building some shelves in the basement.

I hate going to Lowe's just about as much as I hate going to Wally World.

hud

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ?
Got in 4 dump truck loads of fill dirt.

Hauled a small pick up load of tree stumps to the land fill.

Loaded the pick up with the 2nd and final load of stumps for another trip to the land fill tomorrow.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #27  
spent all day thinking about what I MIGHT do tomorrow:)

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #29  
Painted enough barge boards and soffits so I could shingle the gable above the 2nd floor windows. Moved inside for the afternoon to mount some potlights then drywall and mud.

Painting and mudding. Yuk.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #30  
Started laying flagstone for a 330 square foot patio. Now two rows into it, mixed sizes off two pallets, the area is not level. I backdragged about three days and worked the area, packed it and all, but I still have a swale in it.

Maybe I should hire it out, some of those rocks are over 100 pounds and like I said I have two pallets of them.

Guess I'll spend the AM regrading, and sorting the rocks.

-Mike Z.