WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ?

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #631  
David i feel for you on the taxes, my wife gets so upset because i'm so bad at not putting my reciepts up and there all over the garage. won't be doing much today cold wind blowing bad. i know i got to get out and start moving around or i'll be so lazy when spring comes i won't do anything but make excuses why i can't do anything.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #632  
Yesterday I bought a new battery for my old gasoline powered golf cart. Havent used it since the grandsons were up last summer and the battery wouldn't stay up on it then. It had been on a battery tender but was dead so I put it on a charger and it wouldn't take a charge even after shocking it a few times with my welding machine. It sat on the charger 24 hours bubbling away but was showing plenty of voltage but no amps. Brought the new one home and put it on the charger overnight to top off. I'll put it on the cart today to see if it stays up or perhaps the cart developed some kind of battery drain. Will see, if it is up, I am thinking to take it to a resale shop to sell it. I sure don't need 2 golf carts AND the Kubota RTV for just me and the wife. Grandkids will have to contend with only using the battery powered one this summer when they visit. I don't allow them on the RTV. 2 -14year olds together can tear up an anvil so no way are they going to get on my RTV, bad enough on an old $2000 golfcart.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #633  
My battery went out in my Jeep Cherokee...after only 5 yrs...It was an Interstate so I took it where I bought it and they put a new Interstate in and adjusted for the usage...I though Interstates were supposed to be the #1 battery...I have gotten longer service out of a Sears Die Hard...back in the day....:confused3:

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #634  
Nothing exciting here today, just another day of work.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #635  
I put the battery that I bought yesterday in my golf cart after putting it on charge all night. I also bought some equipment paint yesterday, so I got my grinders out with some wire cup brushes and brushed off my old disc and put the first coat of paint on it. Trying to do it without disassembly and black and red combo. Painted the black first then the red but got red dribbles from the brush all over the black so maybe I will thin it some and try the sprayer. Wind about 30 MPH today so too much to spray outside and not room to get it into my shop. At least I have some paint on it so it doesn't rust backup. This is how it looked 3 years ago when I bought it and it has been pretty much out in the weather for the last 2 years. disk on trailer.jpg

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #636  
Worked firewood today. Split hauled and stacked two cords in the wood shed. Stacked a face cord under he deck. The wood was already cut and piled in the pasture so it was just splitting. My best hand was working with me, she knows exactly what to do and how to do it and has for 29 years. She's handy to have around plus she looks good!

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #638  
Nothing exciting here today, just another day of work.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
Work on a Saturday, what a bummer unless you are getting paid OT for it that is. The last 7 years of my career, I worked 7 days a week 12 hours per day for 8 weeks then off for 21 days (2-3 days were eaten up in travel time though) Usually made about 2-2.5 times my monthly salary depending on how the off time fell as it was only 40 hours pay on the off time. That was a pretty good deal but now some of one of the projects I was on when I retired is on a 6 week on and 3 week off schedule which is a little less money but better rotation schedule for sure.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #639  
Just finished cutting up the 4 large pines that fell on the driveway from last weeks blizzard. Then took them to the wood pile for splitting latter. Plowed the rest of the turnaround before we get another storm tonight. Brought in enough wood to last till Monday. Now it's time for wine and a seat by the fire. :)

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #640  
I bought 60 1/2 round fence posts, 105 16' fence boards, 5 8' round fence posts, and 6 12' gates for the next stage of the horse pasture fence.

They will be delivered early next week.

I also cooked Chicken Caciatorre for dinner...

Time for me to get busy again...

David