What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #281  
That clears up a lot for me because I was starting to think I just didn't understand.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
I think all we can do is watch, listen, learn and
share information. I really like the L12, compared to other models, but it's not perfect. The extreme heat issue we have with all the gas models is very troubling. I look at newer models to see if there are improvements. I hope that anyone looking for a baby digger gets one BETTER than mine for less money. The dj14 appears to have a few improvements over the L12. I just look at all the info and pics I can. I see the exhaust is routed thru the counterweight to outside. That alone is way better than the L12 was made, which contributes to the high temps which will destroy many expensive components. I just try to help people make a smart decision when buying, because there is almost no helpful info available when you are in the market. Maybe I should just worry about myself and quit thinking I can help.. I dunno.. :(

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #283  
Actually, you are a big help to me because I know you'll tell me what you think. That gives me more information to make an informed decision instead of me just jumping to my own conclusions.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #284  
I think all we can do is watch, listen, learn and
share information. ...

Maybe I should just worry about myself and quit thinking I can help.. I dunno.. :(
With your Thread garnering 13K+ views I imagine you have helped quite a few folks. I certainly appreciate reading of your experience with your L-12.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #285  
I agree it’s all very helpful. I’ll probably pick one up at some point aswell. I know nothing about excavators.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #287  
I don't know what to say about that particular unit compared to the other ones , but I will say this about the price of $4,900 shipped.

I just received a sales flyer from the Struck dozer people about their Spring sale. The base dozer kit that has to be assembled and painted is " now only $6,284" plus shipping. I had a quote from them in October, 2023 for $5,255 before shipping, and that was unpainted, without any engine, and an all belt drive unit with no hydraulic system at all.

One guy who bought another mini x calculated that if he used his unit for 17 days, it would be cheaper to buy it than to rent one from his local rental center and he didn't have to fool with hauling it back and forth to the rental center.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #288  
That's a good part of what drove the decision for us. It would be only Ten, 2 day rentals for a tiny unit from Home Depot and you could have bought it. And that doesn't include any of the time, gas, trailering, etc.

We have at least 3 jobs just for spring that we need to do. And maybe 2 more by the end of the year. Plus a whole section of trails we need to open up. It's infinitely easier when the machine is already on the property ready to use.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #289  
Another thing is being able to work when time and weather conditions allow instead of trying to cram it all into one rental day.

I happened to watch a new video by the Garage Connection guy today comparing his two units (H12 v FF12), and he now has a video about a hydraulic filter kit he is selling for $400 plus $25 shipping. I have no idea if the kit will fit the L12.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #290  
I happened to watch a new video by the Garage Connection guy today comparing his two units (H12 v FF12), and he now has a video about a hydraulic filter kit he is selling for $400 plus $25 shipping.
I went and looked at his new vids.

$425 is a lot of cheddar for the return filtration system and the hyd oil cooler and fan. I guess folks will pay a bunch not to have to figure out what adapters to buy and what length of hose is needed.

One of those 2 minis deleted the ballast, but I suspect the house is a little longer to compensate. I do like the cupholder. I can't find one like that to buy and put in my old mini.