What do I look for in used tractor?

/ What do I look for in used tractor? #21  
Here's one in your price range - 2021 Kubota LX 3310 - heavy equipment - by owner - sale

Then you can find Mahindra 2638 38HP new with cab and loader for $30K too

This is not a great time to buy a tractor (or car truck) as everything is in short supply. If you can wait for 2 years and stay on the lookout, you will eventually score one.

/ What do I look for in used tractor? #22  
Solid advice on the B3350. At best, buying one is gambling. At worst, a major, on-going headache. Why chance it?? There are so many other useful Kubotas out there. Several years ago, I spotted a nice deal on a new B3350, but the dealer advised me to keep looking after a nice discussion. The three Kubotas I've owned have all been completely trouble free, with only a 5 minute adjustment needed on the L3400's treadle neutral switch it keep it that way- just a bit of raising the switch's push rod, and all was better when the tractor would want to shut off when I hopped off the seat unless I fiddled with treadle position. Wanting a cabbed tractor will reduce your used choices, but there are still good ones to be found.

/ What do I look for in used tractor?
Solid advice on the B3350. At best, buying one is gambling. At worst, a major, on-going headache. Why chance it?? There are so many other useful Kubotas out there. Several years ago, I spotted a nice deal on a new B3350, but the dealer advised me to keep looking after a nice discussion. The three Kubotas I've owned have all been completely trouble free, with only a 5 minute adjustment needed on the L3400's treadle neutral switch it keep it that way- just a bit of raising the switch's push rod, and all was better when the tractor would want to shut off when I hopped off the seat unless I fiddled with treadle position. Wanting a cabbed tractor will reduce your used choices, but there are still good ones to be found.
One wonders what the real problem is with the B3350. Apparently it just has the particulate filter...one would think someone out there would have come up with either a fix or bypass...

Here's one in your price range - 2021 Kubota LX 3310 - heavy equipment - by owner - sale

Then you can find Mahindra 2638 38HP new with cab and loader for $30K too

This is not a great time to buy a tractor (or car truck) as everything is in short supply. If you can wait for 2 years and stay on the lookout, you will eventually score one.
Been researching the 2638...pretty impressive as far as the diesel technology is concerned...no def, no particulate filter, no regeneration...my assumption is coupled rail injection, excess soot is being diverted into the oil ( hence the need for textbook maintenance)...
Now the problem is to find a good used one...

/ What do I look for in used tractor? #27  
Craig's List ads with just one photo are suspicious for me. If you want to pursue it, ask them for more photos and specifics... I know Facebook Marketplace has supplanted Craig's List for selling stuff, but tractors?? No idea.

Craig's List ads with just one photo are suspicious for me. If you want to pursue it, ask them for more photos and specifics... I know Facebook Marketplace has supplanted Craig's List for selling stuff, but tractors?? No idea.
Pricing doesn't seem realistic...stolen?

/ What do I look for in used tractor? #29  
22k or 23k are very common prices on scam ads for tractors.
Also one photo (frequently framed in odd colors) and unrealistic hours (look at the bucket) are a cause for concern.
A broad geographical search range frequently shows the same machine all over the place. Not sure about the ad in question though.

/ What do I look for in used tractor? #30  
It is a gamble whatever you do. Buy from a known reputable franchised dealer of that brand who is willing to give a reasonable warranty and a buy-back-if-not-satisfied [within a specified timeframe] deal, to maximize your chances of full satisfaction. If there is any problem with your tractor, I can recommend this tractor supply customer service https://tractor-supply.pissedconsumer.com/customer-sеrvice.html . A decent one

Last edited: