What Do You Do?

/ What Do You Do? #51  
Roofer for 5 years while also driving a cab, packing shelves at supermarket on the overnite and pumping gas :)

NYPD Detective for the past 24yrs, 15 of which I have owned and operated (tool belt on) a residential construction company cause the City of NY doesn't pay members of NYPD and FDNY enough to live in the city or suburbs (which is required)so we have second jobs.

Hoping to retire in the next year or two and spend time in rural upstate Oneonta NY area:)

/ What Do You Do? #52  
Nuclear engineer. Work at a power plant. Been doing it for almost 30 years now.

/ What Do You Do? #53  
Laid off after 20 years with the same company in RV repair. Decided to switch gears completely and become a Private Investigator! I've also been a volunteer firefighter.

/ What Do You Do? #54  
Working as Navistar parts dept manager for the past 11 years , the 20 years before as a parts counter man. Funny thing is the parts manage themselves but the people ,

/ What Do You Do? #55  
Sort of a rocket scientist? Did my stint in the Army and went to work for NASA in MS. Worked my way up to deputy program manager there after 21 years. Took an opportunity at Marshall Space Flight Center as manager of the Metrology and Calibration Lab. Love my field although it has been a tough few years with all the politics. I grew up in dairy country northeast PA so it was only a matter of time before I got a "farm" of my own. Building my cow/calf operation using money from full time job. Make that using a lot of money from my full time job!

/ What Do You Do? #56  
Police Officer 13 years. Prior to that farmer from birth.

/ What Do You Do? #57  
Telecommunications consulting engineering

/ What Do You Do? #58  
General Contractor (agricultural construction) and Farmer, do a little bit of welding/fabrication and mechanical work on the side.

Also worked as an Aircraft mechanic for a few years.

/ What Do You Do? #59  
I started out as an engineer designing combines, or managing the designers, for Gleaner and Case-IH for 22 years before switching to construction equipment for 19 years before semi-retiring to farming and doing custom work. The last 8 years before retiring I got sick of managing (my kids were grown and away, why put up with the confrontations of managing) so I grabbed an opportunity to switch seats to managing a test fleet of new products in the period before first production plus traveling around the world trouble shooting problems dealer's mechanics couldn't solve. That was about as good as it can get but then the person sitting next to me, only 3 weeks age difference, developed a brain tumor. Really makes you think - is spending over 200 days per year on the road worth it? My friend and I retired the same day and although his tumor was in remission at the time he retired, he lived only 13 months. But I have the rotating group of a hydrostatic transmission on my desk as art - my wife just shakes her head. I have my own small farm, partner with my cousin who owns the farm on which I grew up, work on my wife's family farm in MO in the winter, and also help out my brother in law.on his dairy farm.

/ What Do You Do? #60  
At 18 started working as an EMT then EMS instructor and paramedic continued in EMS for 10 years, the police department for 28 years. During the 28 years with PD stayed active in EMS as an instructor teaching part time 10 years at the police academy for as well as several fire departments. Have been a licensed paramedic for 30 + years. "served the public one way or another for 38 years. Looking forward to retirement having more time with my toys.