What do you have in your tractors tool box

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #11  
<font color="blue"> On my NH 1920, I have a fire extinguisher strapped to a rops upright and a first aid kit behind the seat.( don't laugh! )</font>
Thats one of the better ideas I've heard in a while Soundguy. Thanks. I have an extra fire extinguisher around here somewhere. I think I will pick up a first aid kit and install them both this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #12  
Wasps, I have found the answer to them- Brakeclean. I have hit nests with it and the guards on the outside hit the ground and just keep it on the hole as they come out. They just fall to the ground with their wings vaporized. You hear the nest vibrate for a bit then all is quiet. I have tried the spray stuff for wasps and hornets, none of it comes close to brakeclean, it is instant. In the summer I keep a can handy.

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wasps, I have found the answer to them- Brakeclean. I have hit nests with it and the guards on the outside hit the ground and just keep it on the hole as they come out. They just fall to the ground with their wings vaporized. You hear the nest vibrate for a bit then all is quiet. I have tried the spray stuff for wasps and hornets, none of it comes close to brakeclean, it is instant. In the summer I keep a can handy. )</font>

Yeah, and then you hit them with a lighter...and stand back, holding your fire extinguisher /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif....

I got this stuff called "Wasp Freeze" from someone who will go nameless, as it isn't meant for the average consumer. But that stuff does terrible things to those creatures. Dead in an instant (they drop right out of the air), and if you hit a nest or even get close to the entrance, that's it for them.

I try really hard not to breathe that stuff in. Never use it when other people are around, either. But boy, does it work...and I'm running out of it. Bummer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #14  
I keep a fire extinguisher and first aid kit in all my vehicles.. when I got my tractor i didn't even consiously think about it I just went and got them. The first aid kit comes in handy let me tell ya! And the fire ext. is just an extra measure of safety.

I carry the ether on the 8N as dual purpose... starting aid for the N ( though hasn't needed it since tune up ) and for wasps.. that way I only have to carry one can.... tool box's on these tractors are way too small.

Soundguy

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #15  
Now don't laugh. Go read my note somewhere in roll-overs.

I carry a picture of the family and a glossy emergency information card.

The former reminds me to be carefull, the latter may save a life.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #16  
In addition to the various pins and clips, I carry an old Ford adjustable wrench and 2 extra cans of beer that I can stuff in the A.C. opening in case I run out in the field. It can get boring making hay.!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daryl
Forage Service L.P.

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #17  
Every tool except the one I need .. you know .... the one I left at the house ...

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #18  
I forgot to put in that I carry my tobacco and my rolling papers in the toolbox. Here in Michigan, squares are so expensive that I roll my own. I have ALL the bad habits. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P.