What do you think of this JD 455 deal?

/ What do you think of this JD 455 deal? #1  

coachgrd

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1870
Well, I am second in line for a used 455 that a Kubota dealer took in on a trade. Was wondering what all of you thought of the deal. I went over it w/a fine tooth comb and it is obvious the previous owner was very conscientious about his care of her. Cosmetically, it looks like it just came of the showrom floor. He (the dealer) was asking 7500.00 but I got him down to 7 b/c it does not have a 3 pt hitch. What do all of you think of this price? I ran it too and it started right up like it was ready to kick some fanny and take names. Hopefully this first guy passes. Thanks all...
Gary

/ What do you think of this JD 455 deal? #2  
How many hours and what year?

/ What do you think of this JD 455 deal?
Sorry about that...it's a 2001 with 476 hours.

/ What do you think of this JD 455 deal? #4  
One more question....

Does it come with a deck and/or any attachments?

/ What do you think of this JD 455 deal? #5  
For $7k that's a pretty good deal then.

Boy, I really did a bad job of explaining things...

It comes with a 54" deck and a snow thrower. The previous owner kept the wts & chains. The dealer will throw those in for $125. The wts are used.

Hope this clears it up.

Gary

/ What do you think of this JD 455 deal? #7  
Is it all-wheel steer? That's a little more convenient at times. We have two of the 455's. One all-wheel steer 54" deck and one conventional steering 60" deck. My wife was in the lawn maintenance business at one time. They are great mowers and parts availability is no problem. They also have a differential lock that's handy if you get in a soft spot. Be sure to keep the intake screen/radiator clean by blowing out with compressed air often, as it will clog and overheat if you don't. I think the price new was about 10K.

/ What do you think of this JD 455 deal? #8  
Sounds like a great deal to me. Especially if it's in the condition you described. The mower deck, blower, front hitch and PTO shaft would have added well over $4,500 to the new tractor purchase price for the original owner. The engine is virtually bulletproof. See if the dealer will just throw in the chains and weights to get you to sign off.

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am a John Deere owner!!! After some careful consideration, I just felt this 455 was a deal I could not pass up. I thank all of you for your help over the past month as I searched for the best tractor and deal. I told the dealer that I would have expected that it would come with wts. & chains and that I had priced them out at the JD dealer, coming to $210. Although he would not throw them in for free, he did sell them both to me for $125, which I though was a fair price. She'll be delivered next Tuesday and I can't wait. I actually paid 6100.00 for the tractor as I traded in an old Simplicty and a walk behind blower. Niether owed me anything so felt like I was getting an even better deal on the 455. Help smooth things over with the wife too!

Thanks again all,
Gary /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What do you think of this JD 455 deal? #10  
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif