What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived?

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #11  
Top-N-Tilt for the 3 point hitch and a grapple (mine is a bolt on to the bucket - so I can use both). Hydraulics to run all 3.

Plus... Pat's Easy Change System!!!

Last edited:
   / What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #12  
Front remotes, both grapples (horizontal and vertical), flail mower, Edge Tamers, Pat's Easy Change, landscape rake, tool box & CC like the two DAs have ..

Not much really. :p

btw, front remotes & SSQA upgrade to TC33DA are imminent. Bits mentioned above pay their cost back every year. Dedicated backhoe shows I'm nice to my tractors.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #13  
Not counting implements:
3 SCV’s
Telescoping 3pth lift arms,
Forward lights on ROPS that are obstructed by FEL and grill guard.
Forks.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #14  
Well, so far everyone's suggested implements and/or 'goodies' that they, in hind sight, would've bought.

I wish that I had had all of the tools required to maintain my very substantial purchase... fortunately, I had the good people of TBN come up with a list of what I needed to stock my workshop (from scratch) to do this.

It did take awhile but my workshop tractor maintenance tools are pretty much complete.

... darn, I have that list as a .docx file but TBN won't let me upload. It would've been from a thread I started back in early 2013...

Found it!!!

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...-first-tractor-advice-what-do.html?highlight=

Last edited:
   / What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #15  
1) SHED for tractor. look at case and mahindra to see what happens to tractors stored outside.
2) cab? definately get aircon
3) 3rd service on fel
4) 3 pairs of rear remotes. top n tilt toplink and tilt and angle for back blade. don't forget the tail wheel for the blade. MASSIVELY easier to make a good finish.
5) counter weight for loader

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #16  
More tractor weight.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #17  
I think OVRSZD hit the nail squarely on the head. Each persons situation is rather unique. There are times when I wished I had a cabbed tractor - winter snow clearing. The cab would have been especially nice when I had the 3-point snow blower on my first tractor. Otherwise, I dress for the weather and go like smoke and oakum. Now with the Kubota I have a very heavy rear blade which does just great for snow clearing.

My first tractor was a Ford 1700, but after 28 years using this unit I traded for the current Kubota M6040. More HP - more WEIGHT.

I found that Class 1 rear blade was not heavy enough to grade my driveway in the summer. With the larger Kubota I got an UBER heavy Class 2 rear blade and now that situation has been resolved.

I wish I would have purchased the hydraulic top link and grapple along with the tractor when purchased new in 2009. Instead, I waited four years and purchased both. My loss. Same with the heavy duty grapple.

Perhaps the best suggestion. Don't rush into buying all sorts of fancy/expensive attachments. Let the "need" come to you and then you can decide how to handle each situation. After my experiences with my first tractor - that's, more or less, the approach I took with the Kubota.

View attachment 640628

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #18  
I purchased the Kubota, new, in 2009. Since that time I've added.......

- heavy duty rear blade
- hydraulic top link
- grapple and third function valve
- canope
- land plane grading scraper
- Wallenstein BX62S chipper

It's not a lot but it's all I need.

Last edited:
   / What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #19  
I have the same model you are looking to purchase. As I already had the attachments I needed, my wish was small. Had I thought it through a bit before signing on the dotted line, I would have asked the dealer for two minor things: 1)add the hand grab handle on the right fender (the L3901 only has it on the left and my older Kubota had it on both stock) Little thing, but realized it was significant so I added it myself later) 2) Got mine with R1 tires and the dealer mounted the rears in the narrowest setting.Too tippy for my use, so I remounted them to the widest setting...big difference. Would have had the dealer handle it prior to delivery had I realized it.

Good luck with your purchase, and remember to post some pics. I think you'll be happy with the model you chose.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #20  
As others have said, I wish I had the 3rd function and grapple delivered on day one. We accomplished a lot without the grapple, but had no idea how much easier, quicker, and more efficient the different task would be. If I had to do it all over, I would of had the 3rd function and grapple on day one.