What do you you think of these forks?

/ What do you you think of these forks? #1  

KentT

Elite Member
Tractor
1993 Power Trac 1430 w/Kubota diesel engine
From Unlimited Fabrication in Denton, NC?

Root Grapple Forks

At $470 for the frame and adjustable forks, the price sounds good... They also have a light-duty root grapple that looks interesting. I wonder how much these attachments weigh -- most things for skidsteers are FAR too heavy.

/ What do you you think of these forks? #2  
Kent,

I couldn't access the site by clicking on the link--someting about port numbers in the url being refused, and a request to re-format the hyperlink. I got there by typing the link, stopping after the .com.

I have the same question regarding weight. That big dog looks very HEAVY indeed. You might get PT pucker with the forks alone /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Amazing this company is in Denton, NC just like Markham. For a minute, I thought Markham changed its name, but they have different address/phone #. Seems like Denton is a little hotbed for attachment fabrication.

/ What do you you think of these forks? #3  
it's that :link at the end of the url. in most browsers anything after the : is sent to the web server as a port.

/ What do you you think of these forks? #4  
So just remove the :link part and...

Forks

The think I like is that they have an adjustable spread. That's the number one thing that I don't like about the little PT forks. Then again, these forks look like they way a ton.

/ What do you you think of these forks?
Sorry -- bad habits picked up on another forum... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I corrected the link.

/ What do you you think of these forks? #6  
I just bought a set. They came in last Thursday. They're great for the price. The paint job has a few runs, but that doesn't matter to me. I was moving some timber beams for a neighbor and they can pick up enough to get the rear tires off the ground ( Loaded tires and a box scraper with 4 suitcase weight on the 3PH). Well, they weren't exactly off the ground, but it was close - no traction.

Unlimited Fabrication need to hire another person for the office though -- it's hard to get through to a real person and it take them a day or two to get back to you. Unless you keep calling, like I did. They're really helpful when you get through. I'm saving up for one of their root grapples next.

I'll try to get some pictures posted when I get back into town.