What does diesel gelling look like?

/ What does diesel gelling look like? #61  
My temperatures here in Maine run at times 10 to 15 below zero. My tractor gelled up real bad. I took the fuel filter off and the gel was geen and looked like Green gel tooth paste. i replaced the filter, poured 2 gallons of K1 kerosene in gas tank and put a propane blow heater around the tractor for an hour. Tractor finally started. i also used 911 service in fuel tank (you can get this at Napa etc). I make it a point to start tractor every day i can and run it for 10 to 15 minutes.

Good luck

/ What does diesel gelling look like? #62  
But for Diesel Service 911 (red bottle) to work, fuel must be flowing...
Not necessarily. If your fuel has jelled, remove filter, pour 911 into filter bowl, replace w/ new filter, pour 911 into fuel tank. This normally will cut thru any gelled fuel lines, injector lines etc.

911 works, but is aggressive. Should only be used in an emergency. For normal prevent measures the Power Service white bottle should be used.

/ What does diesel gelling look like? #63  
Not necessarily. If your fuel has jelled, remove filter, pour 911 into filter bowl, replace w/ new filter, pour 911 into fuel tank. This normally will cut thru any gelled fuel lines, injector lines etc.

911 works, but is aggressive. Should only be used in an emergency. For normal prevent measures the Power Service white bottle should be used.

I thought that 911 wouldn't burn enough to run an engine. The point being that pouring it in the filter bowl would not get your engine running. This is only heresay. I'm willing to be wrong on this one.

/ What does diesel gelling look like? #64  
I have never had the pleasure of owning a diesel when I lived where it go below 0. Where I grew up in North Louisiana, it rarely gets lower than mid 20s. Now that I have moved a little further north into Arkansas, it gets in the teens. I usually just stay inside in that weather so I dont know if the fuel gels or not. We had several days of 15 F last Jan. I guess I will find out when I go home this March and see if there is any parafin in the tank. Does anyone know what temps. have to get to for it to go back to liquid.

/ What does diesel gelling look like? #65  
I thought that 911 wouldn't burn enough to run an engine. The point being that pouring it in the filter bowl would not get your engine running. This is only heresay. I'm willing to be wrong on this one.
I checked the instructions they say to remove the fuel filter & add 50% 911 & 50% diesel then reinstall the filter. So, maybe you're right in that 911 by itself will not burn. I do know the stuff works. A couple of years back my Dodge w/ a 5.9 cummins gelled up. I thought that I filled up the fuel filter bowl w/ 100% 911 but maybe I only put in 50% in. Stuff worked great!