What does one Trillion dollars look like?

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #21  
I just read that Fort Knox has 5,000 tons of gold. I thought the amount was a state secret so I don't know if the number is correct or no. :D

5,000 tons is 10,000,000 pounds. Which is 160,000,000 ounces. At $1,230 per ounce that would mean Fort Knox has $196,800,000,000. Which is a lot of money. But not near enough to pay of the National Debt.

So it would take roughly FIVE Fort Knox's full of gold to get to a Trillion dollars. Or 25,000 tons of gold......

Lordy.....

Later,
Dan

Sad situation.

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #22  
This thread has been pruned because politics is a prohibited topic on TBN.

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #23  
I work on occasion next to a white house that still has gold vaults and a recently renovated cash room. All the banks next to it also had at one time gold vaults.
We should all be so lucky as to go back to the gold standard and eliminate the paper.

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #24  
I work on occasion next to a white house that still has gold vaults and a recently renovated cash room. All the banks next to it also had at one time gold vaults.
We should all be so lucky as to go back to the gold standard and eliminate the paper.

Can't. Gold bars can't be swiped through and ATM :laughing:

Seriously, is there enough refined gold in all the world to replace the circulating currency value?
Dave.

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #25  
Seriously, is there enough refined gold in all the world to replace the circulating currency value?
Dave.

Perhaps the value of the currency is overrated. Check the price of gold lately? :)

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #26  
Wow...