What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #41  
I feed my round bales of hay with mine. LUTT

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #42  
I just popped this tree out with my 48" forks today and then carried it to my wood pile, held the tree over the wood pile and bucked it, then carried the stump to my brush pile where it will sit for a few years until the rain washes all the dirt off. Then, some night in the future it will probably make it into the bon fire (of course it will be fetched and carried to the fire with the forks!)

tractor with tree.jpg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #43  
How did I miss this thread? I would give up my bucket before I would give up my forks. They move brush, logs, one ton pallets, lumber, tools, plants on pallets, lift the ZD mower to change the blades and several other things that I don't recall at this time.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #44  
This might be of limited use to the lighter rigs, but I made my extended forks for things like this, where you need the reach. A board across the front where the doors are open and one across the back with some padding lifted the body off without a bit of damage, as if it really mattered.
Thought of this when reading the pickup canopy thread, as I used this technique to load one of the older wooden framed ones that was too heavy to manhandle around.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #45  
You get the idea

Attachments

• P1020979.jpg
    P1020979.jpg
    740.8 KB · Views: 864
   / What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #46  
You get the idea

I moved my BIL's shed on his property a couple weeks ago. Sorry no pics. :(

I think it was around 10'x12' or so.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #47  
I built 4'x16', 4'x12' and 8'x8' dock sections, and used the forks to move them from the garage and set them into the pond 300' away. Having that much weight 16' in front of the tractor got a little dicey!

_DSC7187.jpg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?
I built 4'x16', 4'x12' and 8'x8' dock sections, and used the forks to move them from the garage and set them into the pond 300' away. Having that much weight 16' in front of the tractor got a little dicey!

View attachment 448797

Pretty good looking dock. Any more details on construction or more photos?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #49  
IMG_0873.jpgIMG_0902.jpgIMG_0957.jpgIMG_1093.jpgIMG_1180.jpg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #50  
Pretty good looking dock. Any more details on construction or more photos?

The dock is built of 2x6 lumber sides with 1" decking on top. Each 4x4 dock section has 2 30 gallon plastic barrels supporting it. That is about 500 lbs of flotation per section. The barrels are strapped into place with plastic plumbing strap. That way it can't rust being underwater. The main dock is a T that is 12' out from the shore and 16' long. The bridge is 8' across to an 8x8 island. My wife and I like to have lunch on the dock, enjoying the view of the pond.

_DSC7184.jpg
_DSC7185.jpg
_DSC7188.jpg
_DSC7189.jpg
_DSC7781.jpg