What "extras" do you regret when buying nee

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #51  
I would have liked a hydraulically activated lever mechanism for the SSQA. I know it's available on the grand L's, but it wasn't available on the M series...Dunno why..I would think it would take all the same parts...???

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #52  
If you don't use it, that's one thing but your tractor will get passed for one that's ssqa equipped when you sell.
I never purchase anything with the thought of "what would I be able to sell it for". I only purchase what I want/need, not what someone else may want if/when I may sell it in the future. That thought process never enters my decision.

Just like ovrszd pointed out, "We've talked about this several times here on TBN. The uses of tractors here is very, very broad. An example is Eddie and Oldoak's posts above. Here's Eddie saying SSQA is a top priority. Then here's Oldoak saying he has no use for it. Both are correct in their understanding and expectations of their tractors." :thumbsup:

Whatever we are happy with as individuals. :)

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #53  
Whatever the case, we don't have a tractor but in the process of raising the funds for one. Its been interesting to read and will continue to see what folks say.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #54  
When I bought my tractor, I thought the loader was the greatest thing every invented. I could load dirt, haul it around my place, spread it and then use it to haul stuff like tools or a load of firewood, and an quite a few occasion, I've used it as a platform to work on things up high without having to set up scaffolding. Much nicer then a ladder!!!

Then somebody went and started a thread on grapples. What's a grapple I asked? As I quickly learned what it was, I as quickly realized that I absolutely had to have one!!! My tractor did not come from the factory with a Quick Attach system, so I bought the mounting plate and drew up some brackets on cardboard that would work, and hired a welding shop to fabricate them for me. Then I welded it all together. Getting the hydraulics of the grapple to work was a bit confusing, but somehow it eventually worked itself out. Then I got some pallet forks. WOW, those things are great. I love moving stuff around with them, or just cleaning up an area of junk that should have never been there before. I even picked up a couple of old junked out cars and put them on my trailer with those pallet forks. Then we got horse. I never wanted horses, but once we had them, I realized that feeding them square bales was just plain crazy. So I bought a set of hay forks that pop on and off of my loader and now we feed round bales every other week.

Nothing is as nice as having lots of options. My front loader has become a Swiss Army Knife. The real question now is what will I need next, because the longer you live out in the country, the more things come up that you need.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #55  
Eddie, not knowing your property, a tree puller is pretty handy. On your 555 you'd be surprised how big a tree you could pull.

Good explanation of the evolution of a loader. :)

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #56  
My :2cents: regarding must-haves -
Third Function - absolute necessity for grapple or snow blade; 3 rear remotes; top and tilt. I ordered my MX5200 without them and have since added them (thanks to the knowledge I've gained from TBN).

Like many, I didn't know how much I needed a hydraulic top link until I finally got one.

If you can afford it, get the implements/attachments you want/need when you get the tractor. You should be able to get a decent discount when bundling and you'll have the implements now rather than scouring Craig's List or explaining to your wife why you HAD to buy whatever it is you just bought.