What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood?

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #12  
   / What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #13  
The good news is that New Holland used glue on it, so we know there is a glue that will stick to it. Some polyethylene plastics are inert and not glueable.

Why not contact New Holland and ask them what glue they use?

It won't be Gorilla Glue though as that is more brittle. Not an epoxy either. Something like a urethane based stuff that is bulky and flexible with a consistency like caulk.

BTW, the grill guards for the small NH tractors are very nice. I put one on my TC29DA and it is tough.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #15  
You may try 3M 5200 adhesive. It is used for bedding marine hardware on boats. It takes a while to set but stays flexible, is waterproof and forms a tight bond. It comes in small tubes.
52 Adhesive

This is what I would use.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #16  
You may try 3M 5200 adhesive. It is used for bedding marine hardware on boats. It takes a while to set but stays flexible, is waterproof and forms a tight bond. It comes in small tubes.
52�� Adhesive

This is what I would use.

not had much luck with 5200 as a glue product its better used as a water tight bedding . I use SIX 10 wet system for a lot of different metals and plastics. They also make glue design to glue auto body panels, try automotive paint body supply store

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #17  
Most plastic parts will say what type they are made of. It should say HDPE with some number. If that's what it is, sorry to say these plastic's don't take glue very well. Having said that, I'd only try some product that claims it will work on poly's, not general glues. This stuff might work.

How to Bond HDPE, UHMW or Polypropylene Sheet - YouTube

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #18  
Sure I have. But I can man up and admit I screwed up, fix things and move on.

He did admit messing up, i not see any asking for sympathy. And STx seems to be trying to move on by asking for informed information on how to move in the right direction on the first try.

That being said i think some John Deere products use a soy based plastic. No idea on yours but just info on possible bases. Sure seems strange it came apart at the seams so to speak. I guess it does not matter now but it makes me wonder if it was correctly made to start with. Perhaps some body shop forum might have good suggestions what with all the plastics on today's cars.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #19  
I think the idea of using some though bolts or rivets along with what ever glue you find is a really good idea. Even if you find the perfect glue (which i assume is what the factory used) it seemed to come apart easily enough that some mechanical fastners cannot hurt for the long run.

Is there a chance you could test if fiberglass resin sticks to it well? Maybe if it does you could rebuild the joints from behind with mesh/resin and glue and some rivets.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #20  
I would think some of the 3M adhesives or tapes found in auto body repair should work. They are used to hold all sorts of plastic and rubber panels together.