What happens??

/ What happens?? #11  
Ummmmm,,,,, logistics as in the compatibility of two physical objects. The same logistical thought used to determine that a larger belt is needed in a specific application. Or a smaller belt needed in a different application.

If there were no logistical thought used all belts would be the same size.

Maybe we have differing definitions of logistics? :)
I think of logistics as the path something takes to get from point A to point B in the supply chain. I would have used logical instead of logistics in your sentence.

/ What happens?? #12  
I think of logistics as the path something takes to get from point A to point B in the supply chain. I would have used logical instead of logistics in your sentence.
I think of logistics as all physical action and assets used to accomplish a task.

/ What happens??
Clutch got here & belt fits fine.
Might have it on this weekend.
Right now, everything looks good.

/ What happens?? #15  
I'm all for 'try it and see', but something noone mentioned yet is that a belt that rides up higher in the pulley sheaves would need to be longer as well, unless the tensioner mechanism had the extra travel to accommodate the change. Which it probably does. Carry on. :)

/ What happens?? #16  
Clutch got here & belt fits fine.
Might have it on this weekend.
Right now, everything looks good.
Thanks for the update. Report the result. Thanks.

/ What happens?? #17  
In my case it only took a few minutes to turn
the belt into confetti and at $$$ a pop not a
very good idea. I got the larger belt thinking
larger better will last longer? I put the belt on
a lawn mower deck John Deere to be exact.

willy

/ What happens?? #18  
In my case it only took a few minutes to turn
the belt into confetti and at $$$ a pop not a
very good idea. I got the larger belt thinking
larger better will last longer? I put the belt on
a lawn mower deck John Deere to be exact.

willy
I've tried running wrong sized belts. Some larger. Some smaller. I never had long term good results. :(

/ What happens?? #19  
I had to take a class module on belts about 5 years ago. It was pretty interesting. Don't remember most of it now, as all of the things I have with belts at my job are documented on the machines and we keep spares hanging right there next to them. If you get down to one spare left, you order another.

What's kind of interesting is I may have 5-6 identical units, but they'll take different belt lengths. I usually think to myself, why? Don't they make them all on the same assembly line, and isn't the tensioning mechanism the same? I don't get it. But, I'm not paid to get it. Just order, replace as necessary. 🙃

/ What happens??
Mine is also for a mower deck but it sure looks like it fits.
Other pto clutches by this manufacturer are listed as 1/2" / 5/8" so I am hoping this is the same pulley.

We'll see this weekend maybe.