What Have You Done That Has >"TOTALLY CHANGED"< Your Home?

/ What Have You Done That Has >"TOTALLY CHANGED"< Your Home? #61  
Graded in a second driveway out the back of our property, and fenced it in (over an acre) with remote-control power gates, installed a wood-fired sauna, and replaced the asphalt shingle roof with steel panel roofing

/ What Have You Done That Has >"TOTALLY CHANGED"< Your Home? #62  
I worked with a guy that built a home on Smith Mountain Lake, near Roanoke VA.

His wife DEMANDED that the home be built without a kitchen!! (She HATED cooking)
It seems in the last 10 years, they had not cooked one meal at home.

They ate out, every night on the way home, (both worked)

He ended up having to redesign the family room so that part of it could be upgraded to a kitchen if they ever sold the home,,
The house was completed, no kitchen,,,
I have come to understand that I hate cooking in my later age. I use to like cooking when I was younger. And i think I was good at it.

I really don't like any aspect of it now, at all, there is no time. When younger of course, I designed a tirade kitchen with the best appliances and thought my Wife would like it also. I try to use it, once and a while, but the wife does not ever use it.
We'd be just as good if we just bought stuff coming home. Cause then, I didn't make a bad meal. Some one else, making the take out did that. In a sense, I entirely understand the Smith Mountain Lake Home you worked on. Cause we both work, and no one has time to prepare and cook anything.

/ What Have You Done That Has >"TOTALLY CHANGED"< Your Home? #63  
Painted the garage .

Attachments

• 1E987F27-CF3C-4972-B9BC-B865052F3FC2.jpeg
    1E987F27-CF3C-4972-B9BC-B865052F3FC2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 80
  • BEF18C31-E17F-406E-867F-3BE84E061D49.jpeg
    BEF18C31-E17F-406E-867F-3BE84E061D49.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 87
   / What Have You Done That Has >"TOTALLY CHANGED"< Your Home? #66  
Thank you very much .

That garage was built in 1949 and really needed a make over .

Two months of sanding to do two days of painting .

/ What Have You Done That Has >"TOTALLY CHANGED"< Your Home? #67  
Painted the garage .

Very nice!

I admire your patriotism and the time & effort it took to create your mural!

Although I always revere displays like this, they open an old wound for me.

I was a supervisor at a small public office when the 911 terror attacks occurred. In a patriotic effort, I posted this picture on the office bulletin board:

EHQ9zKWXkAcKCWD.jpg

Shortly afterward, I was approached by an irate representative of the American Legion who informed me that the picture was disrespectful and a breach of flag etiquette. Figuring he was some kind of nut, I politely told him to take a hike.

Later that day, I got a call from my boss who in no uncertain terms told me to remove the picture. He had received a complaint from our state representative! Apparently, the guy from the American Legion had some political clout!

To this day, that incident sticks in my craw. No one in the office at the time, nor anyone I've talked to since, ever took offense at this or any other similar image. I wasn't sitting on the flag or blowing my nose on it, I just don't understand.

I've searched from time to time for guidelines on flag etiquette and the only thing I've found is this from USFlag.org

"The flag should never be used as a decoration
Using a flag for drapery, or for covering the front of a desk or podium is against the flag code. In fact, using the flag for any decoration is forbidden. Red, white and blue bunting is supposed to be used instead. And, according to the guidelines, blue should always go on top."

To me, this isn't totally applicable since it refers to the flag itself, not an image.

Sorry for the rant and PLEASE do not take this as any form of criticism! I truly admire displays like this and am curious how others here feel about the subject.

/ What Have You Done That Has >"TOTALLY CHANGED"< Your Home? #68  
That exact topic was discussed on numerous occasions about this project .

The ultimate consensus was it is not the American 🇺🇸 Flag but an artist picture .

I named it “ Amber Waves “ and called it a day .