What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,621  
My filter/return design is different. My filter is located near the LR wheel and there is a short 90 hose to the axle housing, and a short straight to the return pipe. My 90 is more vulnerable to damage than your system if I ride over a small sapling and immediately back up.
The straight hose to the plastic tank on the right has the same vulnerabilities.
Yes, yours is an older model. I believe that model also has a strainer on the transmission, along with the filter, if I recall correctly.

I had a brain fart and drove over a pile of relatively loose clay. I only noticed the bend on the pipe a month or two later when I loaded the tractor on the trailer and was just checking stuff underneath.

I've since built a protective cross member bolted to the two loader rails that go to the rear axle.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,622  
Well no pics, I was busy and not thinking about them. Moved a bunch of heavy snow 12-16" on top of unthawed dirt/gravel. Used the back blade and bucket trying not to move much gravel.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,623  
I changed the exhaust on the 5520..... 🤣

1711308971984.png

Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,626  
Im waiting for the super charger to arrive any day now :eek:

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,629  
Did some mowing on the remote propriety today. Kinda rushing to avoid bad weather coming. Still had to race back to the shop two times.

IMG_20240325_152807.jpg
IMG_20240325_175300.jpg

Also had some fun time with a fence hiding under the bush. Actually it wasn't too bad to pull out and this is yet another reason I really like chains. Stuff like this just wraps around the rotor, so you just find one end and pull as if you were pulling from a coil. With blades, it would be tangled all over the place.

IMG_20240325_164636.jpg

/ What have you done to your Branson today?
#1,630  
Yes, yours is an older model. I believe that model also has a strainer on the transmission, along with the filter, if I recall correctly.

I had a brain fart and drove over a pile of relatively loose clay. I only noticed the bend on the pipe a month or two later when I loaded the tractor on the trailer and was just checking stuff underneath.

I've since built a protective cross member bolted to the two loader rails that go to the rear axle.
When you posted your photo of the lower pipe, you mentioned you built your loader, did you design it or just install it, and is there a photo here?