What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,661  
Put the 3 pt mower on for the first time this season. I had decided last year during my "time out" (medical) that I would do away with the quick hitch entirely when I got back to it. Just more trouble that it's worth, especially when only 2 attachments will fit the quick hitch at all (and both of those took different upper hook heights than the other one). Anyway, so brought out the mower with my forks and a chain to support the back, set it down next to the garage where my tools and air are and proceeded to take the lower pins off so I could drive out the roll pins holding the bushings on. The 3/4" impact air wrench did all the hard work. It actually went easier than I thought, got the roll pins to press out with my 20 ton press and a sacrificial socket. Also cut 6" off the pto shaft to get some more clearance (it's only ever been on with the quick hitch since new), greasing the inner shaft while I had them apart.

Got it hitched up on the first shot and the shaft has plenty of clearance. Still need to adjust my lower lift arms (both sides on mine have height adjustments) to get some more lift height when it's fully raised.

Got it all stuffed back in the shed again (getting late and I was getting pretty tired), but need to rearrange it better for the summer season. But my ad is up and I'm ready for customers when the phone rings.

Tomorrow I'll go over the trailer, tires, lights, etc.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,662  
Got the fleet lined up. 🤣

Haven't used the Branson much. I believe last time was right the end of March, early April. I actually pulled the battery out of it and been using it on the generator, since I'm currently one battery short.

The loader hasn't been on it since September, I believe.

Anyway, there is a lot of work coming soon. Lots of dirt moving and probably rock moving with the trailer.

IMG_20240515_162511.jpg