What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
Tried a 1/4" thick piece of UHMWPE for a scraper blade on my 2360. I've only made two passes up & down the paved drive so far, but it worked well. We'll see how long it holds up. (Still looking for an alternative to the $$ OEM piece....)

View attachment 680531

Good idea irvingj,

Your 1/4" thick UHMW might be just on the thin side because it's pretty flexible may or may not hold up for you.

If it fails you may want to try a 1/2" or 3/4" thick piece and run it thru the table saw to cut the correct angle for the snowblower to connect at the ground.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #722  
Nailed it, KC! Yep, too thin.

Did some more with it yesterday and found it will actually flex upward, allowing snow & ice to get jammed beneath it. Not surprising when I thought about it: I'm using a 3" wide piece of PE, with the same six 5/16" carriage bolts to hold it on. Estimating the head of the carriage bolts at 3/4" diameter, that leaves over an inch of un-supported plastic facing forward -- so yeah, especially when applying down-force to scrape up packed snow, that PE will flex.

Solution I'm now trying is I've put my last, spare OEM steel blade (2-1/2" wide) on top of the plastic to support it. I'll see how that works and how long it lasts.

DSC09365.jpg DSC09364.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #723  
Holy.... How wide is that blade? 7'? The thick and heavy snow where I live would stop my GC dead in its tracks with a blade that size.

My ATV weighs 700 pounds and with a 60 inch plow I can easily plow a foot of snow. GC tractor with BH weighs about 2,700 pounds so you should be good with a 7 foot blade.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #724  
Where can we get the dozer blade?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #725  
My ATV weighs 700 pounds and with a 60 inch plow I can easily plow a foot of snow. GC tractor with BH weighs about 2,700 pounds so you should be good with a 7 foot blade.
I don't doubt it's power, in doubt it's traction. I have R4 tires and live in a lake effect snow area that produces heavy wet snow. I'm always spinning tires here as I don't use chains.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #726  
Holy.... How wide is that blade? 7'? The thick and heavy snow where I live would stop my GC dead in its tracks with a blade that size.

I made my own bucket for my GC2610 that is 6' wide and plow with it without a problem. It is also about 6" higher than OEM and when I have a full bucket of wet snow I can tell that I'm getting close to the machine's capacity.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #727  
getting my road ready for rain. clearing the banks I plowed up to allow for drainage in heavy rain. larger snow boulders already chopped up but many of them were top of hood high.
drainage1.jpg
I had plowed at 15+ mph in heavy heavy snow and created them

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

Did some more with it yesterday and found it will actually flex upward, allowing snow & ice to get jammed beneath it. Not surprising when I thought about it: I'm using a 3" wide piece of PE, with the same six 5/16" carriage bolts to hold it on. Estimating the head of the carriage bolts at 3/4" diameter, that leaves over an inch of un-supported plastic facing forward -- so yeah, especially when applying down-force to scrape up packed snow, that PE will flex.

Solution I'm now trying is I've put my last, spare OEM steel blade (2-1/2" wide) on top of the plastic to support it. I'll see how that works and how long it lasts.

View attachment 680649 View attachment 680650

Looks like you are moving on to what I call for my projects "Plan B", and that looks like it will take care of the flexing of the UHMW.

I'm impressed with the non-existing wearing of the UHMW and your 1/4" piece should allow you to rotate it and have a new edge if it does some how has any wear issues.

Good job again,

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #729  

View attachment 680649 View attachment 680650

That's how I have it on my plow, 1/2" thick UHMW sandwiched with the sacrificial edge that came with the plow.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #730  
This is the blade I use, had float ends which I removed as the snow would stay on the blade and not shift out to the side.
View attachment 680556
Was worried it would be too big, but so far it works well in 4WD. Not so well in 2WD. No chains needed so far, but do slide down a bit on sideways bottom of driveway.

Still jealous of you with the snow blowers, but had this plow already and for about $150 adapted to the tractor SSQA, so only takes a minute to swap out to bucket.
Nice not have to lift anything to attach.

Woah nelly! That's one bigazz plow on that thar tractor!