What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #242  
Looks good and lawn is real dark green.

KC
I live in the buffalo, ny region. This was one of the mildest, if not the mildest, winters I can remember. Trees already have Bud's ready to bloom on them and the grass is green. Can't remember it ever starting this early. We usually still have snow on the ground melting off and an average snowfall of a couple inches I'm April...not this year though is seems.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
I live in the buffalo, ny region. This was one of the mildest, if not the mildest, winters I can remember. Trees already have Bud's ready to bloom on them and the grass is green. Can't remember it ever starting this early. We usually still have snow on the ground melting off and an average snowfall of a couple inches I'm April...not this year though is seems.

I think I remember a handful of years ago your area got hammered early in the winter season with so much snow so quick that folks almost had to dig a tunnel out from their front door?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #244  
I think I remember a handful of years ago your area got hammered early in the winter season with so much snow so quick that folks almost had to dig a tunnel out from their front door?
Ha... Ya. A stationary lake effect snow band over a couple days dropped 7' or so. I had green grass where I live north of buffalo. The area gets a bad rep for it but realistically it affects a relatively small area south of buffalo.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #245  
Well, finally time for my 50 hour service. Waiting for rain to stop, trying for Thursday.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #246  
Well, 50 hour service done-about $200 in parts and $200 in labor (2.5 hours work)
Was glad I paid the extra for the tech to come out, had a hose bundle routed wrong and is fixed now. One hose slightly damaged and will need to watch it.
He showed me all the Zircs underneath and I had missed the two on the sides of the floorboard. All fluids were in good shape, no water or sludge.
He tightened chassis bolts, wheels and all Zircs. Now that I have seen it, will not be too hard to do myself.
Need a 5 gallon drain pan, one long and one big round funnel. He used a 20oz coffee cup as the funnel for the front axles to direct the oil to the pan as the drain is close to the wheel. Checks for water and debris in front and hydraulics and looked clean. showed how to curl in the BH and FEL to make sure the fill was complete. Needs time to drain through so saw the site glass full/empty more than once on the tranny.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
Hey kenmbz, Sounds like you gained valuable information about your tractor maintenance.

Snow/Ice update, my driveway still has about 25% ice covering which is starting to get a little slushy during the day.

The creek is now running and rising with snow runoff but still has snow/ice below most of the water runoff.

I finally chipped and removed the remaining snow/ice in front of the shed garage swinging barn type doors (this area gets great afternoon sun) to access the FEL and the Box Blade.

And I removed the snowblower, quick hitch, and the 3 point weight box from the tractor 2 days ago and installed the FEL and the box blade for most of the "Spring/Summer Time".

Just need a lot more snow/ice to melt (slowly) and the ground to dry a little, so I can clean up a few Winter blown over Fir Trees throughout the property and burn the limbs.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #248  
pine20200420_175645_resized.jpgRemoved another stump. Could not use the backhoe as this is near a gas line. Used a Sawzall to cut the shallow roots and then the tractor and a tow strap from the pull bar in 2 directions to break the smaller roots. took less than 2 hours. Only need to fill in the root hole today.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #249  
Going down the grapple rabbit hole. Ordered a WR Long diverter Kit.

Right now I’m leaning towards “the thumb” add on grapple for a few reasons. Cost, but more importantly, I can get extra bases and move it from my bucket, to my debris forks, to my pallet forks, with just 2 pins being pulled.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #250  
Going down the grapple rabbit hole. Ordered a WR Long diverter Kit.

Right now I’m leaning towards “the thumb” add on grapple for a few reasons. Cost, but more importantly, I can get extra bases and move it from my bucket, to my debris forks, to my pallet forks, with just 2 pins being pulled.
You mean this WR Long kit?

The kit went on easy peazy. My only suggestion/warned is they shipping a flat plate with 2 bolt holes which made no sense to mount. I welded on a piece of angle iron to the plate and bought a U bolt to mount to the cross member.IMG_20200325_193742.jpgIMG_20200325_193728.jpgIMG_20200325_193722.jpg