What if a new tractor wasn't new?

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #11  
In the grand scheme of things it won't matter much but I would definitely raise a stink about it. If I am buying a new machine I expect it to have close to zero hours. Obviously it will have some time being moved around, tested, etc but that would be maybe five hours tops. Yours was either used by the dealer on the lot or worse was test drove by sixty people thirty minutes at a time. I would definitely want those hours added on to my warranty, a discount, and maybe a free 50 hr service.

Adding engine hours to warranty coverage isn't of any benefit. 99% of CUT warranties run out on the calendar, not the hour meter.
Free 50 hr service is a good compromise, I'd say.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #12  
Adding engine hours to warranty coverage isn't of any benefit. 99% of CUT warranties run out on the calendar, not the hour meter.
Free 50 hr service is a good compromise, I'd say.

especially with Kioti as there is no hour limit.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #13  
As I understand it, some (all?) Kubota hour meters are based on operation at the RPMs specified for PTO operation. If that is the case for the tractor in question, it could have been used for considerably more than 31 hours. I would expect an additional discount.

Steve

If my kubota tractor engine is on and turning the hour meter is running regardless of pto status, or engine speed. If it idles for an hour the hour meter will show an additional hour

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #14  
Unless you are a really heavy user 31 hours is not going to be an issue with warranty but I would tell them they owe me a 50 hour service including pickup and delivery for free. That is into the demonstrator hours for a CUT. I may be a good thing in that if there was any bugs, leaks etc in the tractor, they should have been found and fixed by now, but insist on the 50 hours service or they take the tractor back and get you one with less hours. (They will likely say that the "good price" they gave you was for this demo tractor so be ready to counter that argument)

On the other side of the coin from the dealers view: Obviously you didn't go to the dealer and point out a particular tractor that you were to buy and perhaps you didn't go to the dealer at all or they would have signed the papers there before they delivered it. Since they didn't discuss hours on the tractor or you didn't ask the dealer and/or pick out a particular one, they could have already discounted that particular tractor by a thousand or so. You need to determine that by comparison pricing the model you have with another dealer to see what a 0 hour one sells for if you haven't already. I would have had a signed contract with tractor serial numbers in hand before delivery, but that is hindsight for you now and something to remember on the next one. ONE thing you have going for you is no contract signed, so you are free to have them pick it up if you want, but you may suffer financially on the next one as it could be much higher priced so you should be price checking other dealers if that is what you intend to do.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #15  
I don't know what it is today .. But just 2 yrs ago a dealer told me they calculate hrs at $17 an hr on used machines as a deduct on trade ins . Kinda like miles at the NADA blue book. That said you've got $527 coming

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #16  
My John Deere had 1.5 hours on it when I go it.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #17  
I would sure ask for the 50 hour service free of all charges.. After all, you are already over half way there upon delivery.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #19  
The final decision will be yours to make. But, I myself, would tell the Dealer to come pick up the Tractor, and give me a machine that hadn't been used. It wouldn't change my mine a bit, no matter what incentives the dealer presented. The Dealer knew about the tractor. With me, it all comes now to Principles and Integrity.

/ What if a new tractor wasn't new? #20  
I surely hope you did pay 'list price' for that used machine. IF you did, you got hosed. Now it is time for a free 50 hours service and free pick up and delivery or they can shove it where the sun don't shine.