What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle

/ What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle
Glad I wasn't the only one. My 1643 has a few bad fittings and it has been IMPOSSIBLE to find replacements. I ended up tapping the hole to convert it to another thread so I can use fittings that 98% of the rest of the world has in stock.

Quite a few expletives were tossed around for a few days, though.[/QUOTE

Im getting there myself👿. What's the next size up from 1/8 ? I'm ready to carefully upsize and retap that axle hole and be done with it. There's plenty of clearance behind it to fit a tap. This got old back in July. :thumbdown:

/ What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle #12  
Go to harbor freight and for about 7 bucks, you can get an assortment of about 100 metric zerks and for another 7 bucks get the same in SAE sizes. I bet you've spent more than that already

/ What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle #13  
Go to harbor freight and for about 7 bucks, you can get an assortment of about 100 metric zerks and for another 7 bucks get the same in SAE sizes. I bet you've spent more than that already

That is exactly the right approach. Get an assortment of every size imaginable and hunt until you find one that goes in easy. I also like the approach of one guy who said to pick the most common size/type and just re-thread the hole to fit it. Then every time you need a new one, rethread the hole and go.

This whole situation is beyond absurd and a prime example of lack of standardization. There is no way to justify more than 2 sizes of zerks and there are about 20 or 30.

Amazon usually has everything and BSPT thread zerks is slim pickings!

Ebay does have them.

Grease Fitting Zerk 1/8-28 BSPT Stainless Steel PV (1� Pieces) | eBay

$24💩 Boy I wS born at night but it wasn't LAST NIGHT. I even owned an airplane for 22 years and thought I'd seen it all. I've seen better bargains on government shipments going to submarine duty! Must be pretty proud of that hunk of unobtanium.
Now back to reality . What's the next size SAE. STANDARD zero, the drill size and tap needed? That's the real answer to the problem. Particularly on that one location where it's easily rubbed by rocks ect.

Oh and as for the Harbor Freight assortment idea, NOPE🤢 They won't have those in there. A 10MM will start just like a 1/8 NPT and just destroy the threads. This cockeyed size is gonna go and be done with it.

/ What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle #15  
Boy oh boy, I dove on that like a chicken on a June bug. I can't thank you enough. Just last weekI had to climb under the tractor grease the front and take the zero out put it in the back and grease the rear. That's the kind of fun I don't need and those who selling just happened to be those nice short stubby ones which is exactly what I want download the tractor so it doesn't get rubbed off on a rock.
It's funny I looked all over eBay and everywhere I could find both online and locally on a few occasions and all I could find was the $25 special you gotta be crazy deals. Thanks again!! I owe ya one

/ What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle #17  
Boy oh boy, I dove on that like a chicken on a June bug. I can't thank you enough. Just last weekI had to climb under the tractor grease the front and take the zero out put it in the back and grease the rear. That's the kind of fun I don't need and those who selling just happened to be those nice short stubby ones which is exactly what I want download the tractor so it doesn't get rubbed off on a rock.
It's funny I looked all over eBay and everywhere I could find both online and locally on a few occasions and all I could find was the $25 special you gotta be crazy deals. Thanks again!! I owe ya one

I spent some time searching in the past myself, until i stumbled over that. They are fine quality zerks, same as the unusually expensive ones. Along with Ebay, you can also get them from ZORO at a similar price.

Kingfisher Grease Fitting, Str, 1/8-28, PK1 3ANZ2 | Zoro.com

They also carry the applicable tap.

/ What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle #18  
Wow... learn something new every day. I had no idea they used British thread! (Reminds me of the '52 XK120 I used to work on: WHITWORTH threads!)