What is a Grand L ?

/ What is a Grand L ? #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
I have a 95 Kubota L 2950 w/L450a loader is mine a grand L? What determines the diffrence?

/ What is a Grand L ?
Thanks if mine is a 1995 there is no sence in looking is there? If they just started in 2007? Thanks again

/ What is a Grand L ? #4  
I have a 1994 l2900 and the broucher for that year names that series the Grand L also. The first owner saved the sales catalog.

/ What is a Grand L ?
Welcome to the site.
I will have to go look in my book i guess.Once in awhlie people ask me if it is and i have never really known.

/ What is a Grand L ? #6  
The "Grand" L series evidently started in 1998, with the Lxx10 series. Kubota then went to the Lxx30 and Lxx40 models (there wasn't a '20 series for some reason). I think what differentiated the "Grand" models were "premium" features vs. a standard L. Some were performance related and some were comfort/convenience related, but the idea was an "improved" model, which not coincidentally had a higher price also. It was also not a coincidence that the major competitors introduced "improved" models around the same time.

/ What is a Grand L ? #7  
I have a 1998 Grand L2900 ( bought brand new) and beside having a flat deck and some other "options" I believe that the main thing is more heavy duty built and being pretty big for it's HP rating.
MIne weight almost 3000# and that is bare, without the box scraper and 480 FEL

/ What is a Grand L ? #9  
The "Grand" L series evidently started in 1998, with the Lxx10 series. Kubota then went to the Lxx30 and Lxx40 models (there wasn't a '20 series for some reason). I think what differentiated the "Grand" models were "premium" features vs. a standard L. Some were performance related and some were comfort/convenience related, but the idea was an "improved" model, which not coincidentally had a higher price also. It was also not a coincidence that the major competitors introduced "improved" models around the same time.
According to my Kubota 1995 Dealer Product Guide, the Grand L-Series started in 1994 with these models: L2900F/DT, L3300F/DT, L3600DT, L4200F/DT
L3600DTC, L4200GSTC
L2900GST, L3300GST, L3600GST, L4200GST/FGST

Kub

/ What is a Grand L ? #10  
Thanks for the correction! I learn something every time I visit TBN.