What is Cat 1 and cat 2?

/ What is Cat 1 and cat 2? #11  
Hey - I realize this is an old post...but I have the same question.

In looking over the Kioti NX6010, it has this listed for the hitch type: "Standard Category Category I & II".

Does this mean you can use either Cat 1 or Cat 2 implements on the 3-point?

Also - Been lurking here for about 6 months now, very informative site, very helpful site.

Thanks,

/ What is Cat 1 and cat 2? #12  
Hey - I realize this is an old post...but I have the same question.

In looking over the Kioti NX6010, it has this listed for the hitch type: "Standard Category Category I & II".

Does this mean you can use either Cat 1 or Cat 2 implements on the 3-point?

Also - Been lurking here for about 6 months now, very informative site, very helpful site.

Thanks,

Yes, and that would be true for really any cat II 3 point. Some mfg's ball in the draft links will have 2 hole's 1 for cat I 1 for cat II you just gave it a twist to line up the proper holes. Otherwise you just put a set of bushings on your cat I att to get them up to the cat II sizes. This does not work with quick hitches, cat I hitches only fit cat I att, cat II will only fit those, so on so forth.

/ What is Cat 1 and cat 2? #13  
Yes, and that would be true for really any cat II 3 point. Some mfg's ball in the draft links will have 2 hole's 1 for cat I 1 for cat II you just gave it a twist to line up the proper holes. Otherwise you just put a set of bushings on your cat I att to get them up to the cat II sizes. This does not work with quick hitches, cat I hitches only fit cat I att, cat II will only fit those, so on so forth.

Thank you.

/ What is Cat 1 and cat 2? #14  
Some manufactures make the lower arms reversible, you disconnect your lift links then remove your main lift arms and flip them end for end and side to side. If it shipped as a cat 1 the tractor end has mounted cat 1 pins with bushings to cat 2 so you can flip them to have cat 2 balls for your equipment and the cat 1 go back on the tractor mounts.

/ What is Cat 1 and cat 2? #15  
Ok, here goes. Category one is usually light weight attachments. A good example would be a 30 hp tractor and a 5 ft brush hog. The "pins" on the lower two connect parts on the implement for you 3 pt are smaller in diameter say about 3/4 of an inch.
When you get to a category ll, every thing is generally "beefed up and more rugged" I don't exactly what hp goes to category ll. I think it goes category ll when you get around a 50 hp tractor. When you get to category ll, those same pins I described above at about 3/4 of an inch are beefed up and have a diameter of say 1 inch or so. On a category ll, the arms on the tractor are beefed up and a lot heavier duty than that on a category l tractor. Now if you change the pins on a category ll to 3/4 category l pins, yes theoretical it would hook up to a category l tractor. Problem is you would not have enough tractor to pull it. So things would not work out. Now if you took say a 5 ft brush hog and put category ll pins in it then it would hook to a category l l tractor. Changing this pins is basically the same as changing out a bolt. Now lets say you put category 'll pins in a 5 ft brush hog and hooked to a 75 hp tractor. Yes it would work, but it would be very awkward and the size of your tractor would be big time over kill. A 75 hp tractor can usually easily handle a 7 ft brush hog. Hope this explanation and example help