What is considered a lot of hours for a JD 110 TLB?

/ What is considered a lot of hours for a JD 110 TLB? #1  

moparrob

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota M59
I'm looking for a 110 TLB and, of course, none are close by (Sw Idaho). The closest to me is a 4 hour with over 3000 hours, and the asking price is $30k. There are cheaper machines with fewer hours, but theyre all more than a days drive each way. Most are on the east coast for some reason. The next closest to me is in New Mexico with 1200 hours. What I'm trying to wrap my mind around is how many hours do these things last before they become an overhaul project?

/ What is considered a lot of hours for a JD 110 TLB? #2  
I don't have any specific knowledge regarding the 110 but offer a general comment. I've gone thru a couple of Yanmar's in the past 6 months or so and it is apparent to me that some (many?) owners don't put much effort into routine maintenance. The antifreeze and the oil seems to be often neglected. I think the answer to your question is a function of whether it has been maintained on a regular basis. I think the first question I would ask is how long the've owned it and if they know the history of the machine. If I found a seller that had all the right answers and a reasonable number of hours on the machine I'd be inclined to stretch my distance as needed. Hopefully someone will come along with more knowledge about this particular machine.

/ What is considered a lot of hours for a JD 110 TLB? #3  
I looked for a longtime before finding mine... and it was 25 miles away... and the the owner delivered it which was even better.

They do seem to be rather rare here in the SF Bay Area... but that goes for a lot of things.

/ What is considered a lot of hours for a JD 110 TLB? #4  
I would ask is how long the've owned it and if they know the history of the machine. If I found a seller that had all the right answers and a reasonable number of hours on the machine I'd be inclined to stretch my distance as needed. Hopefully someone will come along with more knowledge about this particular machine.

This is how I feel. It's not so much the hours but the use/abuse and maint. history OF those hours.
I friend had a 110 and it was a very nice well thought our machine, but being discontinued years ago I would be leaning towards one of Kubota's dedicated TLB's from a furture repair & parts standpoint.

/ What is considered a lot of hours for a JD 110 TLB? #5  
I personally would not want a machine with anything over 2k on the clock, unless it was babied, very well taken care of, fully equipped, and under 20k. I agree its not the hours, but how it was taken care of, and used. And even if they say I greased it 'x' often, if the zerk ever stopped excepting grease, and they just assumed the pin didn't need more than one pump of grease, it can get expensive fast. I would sooner suggest you find an area that has several (and they should be noticeable less that 30k for lower hour machines) and maybe consider flying out and taking a look at several with a rental car. Let me explain,a much nicer, lower hour tractor in 22-26k range +2k for shipping +airfair and rental still beats 30k! It can take some time. As for it being discontinued in 2011 and the kubota angle, Here is my thoughts. The l39 was not hst- it was glide shift, but l47 is hst. The tires are noticeable smaller, so for some uses that could be a minus. And I do not know of any individual items that are no longer available, but kits, must be bought by the piece for much more money.

/ What is considered a lot of hours for a JD 110 TLB? #7  
   / What is considered a lot of hours for a JD 110 TLB?
Dang! Looks like is spent some time at the bottom of the sea! Thanks for your input! I started looking for M59s also, but still not seeing any nearby. It looks like a big road trip is in my future.

/ What is considered a lot of hours for a JD 110 TLB? #9  
Maybe consider some of the construction auction sites, they usually have detailed info/condition report on each machine, but like others have said it can take TIME AND PATIENCE

/ What is considered a lot of hours for a JD 110 TLB? #10  
Wait it out - I know it is hard but will be worth it. I wanted a mini and didn't see much locally in my price range with under 1200-1800hrs. I waited and found one 6hrs away with 232hrs and a few months warranty. It runs perfect and was worth the wait!