What is it?

/ What is it? #1  

dlabrie

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
My wife cleaned out the cupboards in the kitchen the other day and came across this gizmo. She asked me what it was. I said I thought it might be a melon ball cutter. We had fruit salad that day and it was not its intended purpose. It has a lever you push to expel whatever you put into it. Here is a picture. Any Ideas out there?Thanks, David

Attachments

• 6-169206-P7060953.JPG
    6-169206-P7060953.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 71
   / What is it? #2  
Looks like some sort of coring device - you could also use it make lovely petite fours.

The usefulness of a kitchen device is rated thusly:

Primary device: Used to put food in your mouth.

Secondary device: Used to make stuff too dirty/big/hard/raw so you can put it your mouth.

All other things are accessories. We have a couple drawers full of them. And we cook a lot.

/ What is it? #3  
Looks like it could be used to core apples, but doesn't look like any I've ever seen.

/ What is it? #4  
That's what I first thought until I saw the angled blade at the bottom near the quarter. It almost looks like it's supposed to be turned through whatever you're cutting. Is that blade adjustable or removeable?

/ What is it? #5  
I don't think it's a blade. I think it connects to the tab sticking through the slot on the handle and you use it to push out whatever you core or stamp with it. That thing would be the perfect size for those Florida boys to use to make scallops out of stingray wings. They usually use a joint of 3/4 " pipe sharpened on the end. :)

/ What is it? #6  
I always heard about that - does that skate wing thing really happen? O.K., go ahead and mess with gullible boy, fellas.

/ What is it? #7  
You bet it does, and they use shark as well. Always be suspect of the big ones, if perfectly round its most likly a plug. stick with the smaller ones to be safe.

/ What is it? #8  
If that's not a blade, I'm definitely going to say it's a fruit coring device. I'm guessing you could try it on an apple and would be very pleased at the results.

/ What is it? #9  
DUMPLING CUTTER
Look for evidence of green paint around the handle. If green paint is there it might be a Good Housekeeping from around 1930.
Roll dough out on board, flour cutter and push thru dough, place cutter with dough over boiling soup and employ trigger to eject dough into boiling soup.

/ What is it? #10  
David

The scary thing is that this thing was in YOUR kitchen and you have no idea what it is??

Twilight zone here we come .......................................