What is it

/ What is it #1  

hellasignis

Tractor
kubota b1-17
Hi. Can someone let me know what brand and model this is exactly?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220502_235132_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502_235132_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20220502_235024_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502_235024_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    748.4 KB · Views: 160
   / What is it #2  
Looks very similar to the older Bertolini tractors, maybe a 432 or 450, but doesn't look quite like one of those either. The paint colour is throwing me a little bit off.

I'll dig around some more and see what can come up with.

/ What is it #3  
Where was this picture taken? It looks very similar to "tomo vinković" from former Yugoslavia...

/ What is it #4  
Where was this picture taken? It looks very similar to "tomo vinković" from former Yugoslavia...
Yes, that's exactly what it is. I knew about a manufacturer of these tractors there but couldn't remember the name. The lights are on different location on the first post but maybe someone changed so it wouldn't get broken by limbs or something.

1651567390676.png
1651567445733.png

/ What is it #8  
How did you know the brand and model of an obscure Italian tractor? That's crazy that you would know that off the top of your head like that.
Those Italian tractors are available literally everywhere here in Portugal and most Southern Europe. So if you like tractors, you'll end up learning a little bit about these tractors eventually.

With air cooled diesel engines ranging up to 50HP, these things run pretty much forever with just the basic maintenance. They are great under trees and specially on hills, these things climb everything like a goat.

On Eastern Europe, they also start making their own versions like the Tomo tractor showed above after seeing the success of the Italian ones.

/ What is it #9  
With air cooled diesel engines ranging up to 50HP, these things run pretty much forever with just the basic maintenance. They are great under trees and specially on hills, these things climb everything like a goat.
Air cooled? What...Really?

/ What is it #10  
Air cooled? What...Really?
Yes sir. Most European tractors only started getting watercooled maybe in late 80's, early 90's, when emissions started to be a bit more strict. At least up to 75 HP, maybe more.

Those engines were awesome. Stupidly overbuilt, huge displacement for the HP, reliable, easy to work on, lasted forever with basic maintenance, plus another great thing is these engines would run at very low RPM while producing crazy amounts of torque.

Some older Deutz tractors would run easily 15 to 20 thousand hours with just the basic maintenance.

Here is an example of a VM 2 cylinder aircooled engine from the crawler tractor I restored:

HPIM4746.JPG