What is it

/ What is it #11  
Yes sir. Most European tractors only started getting watercooled maybe in late 80's, early 90's, when emissions started to be a bit more strict. At least up to 75 HP, maybe more.

Those engines were awesome. Stupidly overbuilt, huge displacement for the HP, reliable, easy to work on, lasted forever with basic maintenance, plus another great thing is these engines would run at very low RPM while producing crazy amounts of torque.

Some older Deutz tractors would run easily 15 to 20 thousand hours with just the basic maintenance.
Wow, that's crazy as I have never heard of an air cooled diesel engine. I thought they had to be water cooled due to the all the heat and combustion pressure they are under. I am no expert but that really blows my mind.
Here is an example of a VM 2 cylinder aircooled engine from the crawler tractor I restored:
Wow, you did an incredible job on that. I had no idea that you restored tractors and heavy equipment ptsg.

/ What is it #12  
Wow, that's crazy as I have never heard of an air cooled diesel engine. I thought they had to be water cooled due to the all the heat and combustion pressure they are under. I am no expert but that really blows my mind.

Some bigger tractors with air cooled engines even had a turbo as well. Deutz had quite a few turbo'ed tractors back in the day. I believe SAME too but I'm not entirely sure. They also run an oil cooler inside the air duct for a little bit more cooling.

Wow, you did an incredible job on that. I had no idea that you restored tractors and heavy equipment ptsg.

Thank you sir. I do restore all kinds of stuff, tractors, generators, metalworking machines, whatever I find a good candidate at a good price. However in the last couple years, it has been hard to find a good restoring candidate with all the crazy prices going on.