What is Kubota doing about the broken plastic fenders?

/ What is Kubota doing about the broken plastic fenders? #81  
PJL said:
Messick,
Are dealers replacing all BX24 fenders, regardless of whether or not the fender is currently cracked, or must the fender actually crack during the 2 year warranty period?

At this point they are just replacing those that break. Normaly when somthing is a known issue like this, they do not stick right to the 2-year warrenty period. While this seems like a chronic problem when you read this thread. Its probably happened 10-15% of the machines we have sold this year. Now once it gets cold outside we may see more problems.

/ What is Kubota doing about the broken plastic fenders?
Mike_V said:
... I'd prefer that Kubota offer a kit, preferably one that can be installed by the customer...

Just to wrap this up and offer some credit...

I installed the step support kit that I asked my dealer to get for me under warrantee. (The dealer offered to install it for me if I paid $70 for him to pick up the tractor from 8 miles away.)

The installation was relatively simple and the result seems to be excellent. My fenders never cracked and now I'm certain they never will. Although neither Kubota or the dealer contacted me about the availability of the kit, I think Kubota did the right thing by designing, manufacturing and offering the kit under warrantee.

Thanks, Kubota.

/ What is Kubota doing about the broken plastic fenders? #83  
Mike V
Do you have a part number for the BX24 reinforcement kit?
My fenders are fine so far and my warranty is good for another winter but I'd just as soon get it taken care of now. The Service Manager at my dealer wasn't at all familiar with the problem. Apparently they don't sell many BXs. The Dealer has been easy to get along with. They've gotten me the parts for all the other little "fixes". I actually have my new seat already. Nothing has cost me a dime! I'm pretty pleased with how Kubota and the dealer have reacted. The only item left is the fender reinforcement.

/ What is Kubota doing about the broken plastic fenders? #84  
I called my local dealer, not the one I bought from.. They ordered all the upgrades at my request and asked me to bring it down...

Picked it up the next day...

I'm VERY Pleased... to say the least.. Can't wait for the new seat though...

BTW My fenders weren't cracked yet, but they replaced them anyway...

Phil

/ What is Kubota doing about the broken plastic fenders?
Harry c said:
Mike V
Do you have a part number for the BX24 reinforcement kit?

Here are the part numbers for the Step Stay Kit:

K2581-9554-0 (BX1850/BX2350)
K2592-9554-0 (BX24)

The BX24 kit came in a 10 lb. box about 10" x 16" x 8".

I wish I had asked the dealer to have it shipped directly to me so I didn't have to go there.

/ What is Kubota doing about the broken plastic fenders? #86  
Mike V is correct on the kit number for the re-inforcement only. If you have a cracked fender, you will need kit # K2592-94500 that has the step stay and the fender.
HarryC refer your dealer to PSB-2007-001.

/ What is Kubota doing about the broken plastic fenders? #87  
Does anyone know a tractor serial number after which machines were shipped with the upgraded fender support preinstalled?